account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Sony Xperia Z, camera won't Focus

One time poster
Message 11 of 35
Message 11 of 35

Re: Sony Xperia Z, camera won't Focus

I am having camera pic quality problems. my xz gives 13mp camera nd in result of pic quality seems 2mp. worst camera. pls fix this problem. in next update. give positive reply. pls
Visitor
Message 12 of 35
Message 12 of 35

I am also having the exact same problems with my Sony Xperia Z! I first noticed something was wrong when I tried to take a picture of the view outside my window, and I couldn't get my phone to stop focusing on the window glass itself. I tried everything in the settings on Manual and nothing fixes it, it's just stuck on macro focus (and Superior Auto keeps telling me this as well) I believe this is a hardware problem and seeing as I didn't get insurance it looks like I'll have to fork out for it o_o'
Visitor
Message 13 of 35
Message 13 of 35

I have looked back through the photos in my album and I have pinpointed where I first had the problem, and I believe it corresponds with when I dropped my phone because I had the problem immediately after that and not knowing any better I blamed the quality on the low lighting in my location, but since I've gone back and looked at my photos I've put two and two together and I now know this is probably my fault Slightly frowning Face
One time poster
Message 14 of 35
Message 14 of 35

I have the exact same problem, and couldn't be more frustrated as the camera is why i chose this phone and use it almost daily!
Sony, get it fixed ASAP please, otherwise I'll be taking my business elsewhere!
One time poster
Message 15 of 35
Message 15 of 35

Believe it or not I had same prob 5 mins ago till I tapped the phone on the desk.... Not v teckers like but coincidentally... Its sorted instantly.
One time poster
Message 16 of 35
Message 16 of 35

Nope this don't work
Message 17 of 35
Message 17 of 35

this is what has happened to my SONY XPERIA Z2! Its stuck on a focus range and cant focus on anything else, I've looked through all the setting and everything and there's nothing! It also doesn't focus when I touch the screen ! PLEASE HELP ME !!!

One time poster
Message 18 of 35
Message 18 of 35

I changed my Xperia z1 display in local service centre,then after it my camera is not working properly.when I open my camera there is a message appears on the screen "your android is under cooling process"like that.some one told to me it's a software issues,then I changed my os but same problem happening again.can someone please help me
One time poster
Message 19 of 35
Message 19 of 35

I bought 2 months ago a Sony Xperia Z3 compact version. I have the same issue... Camera auto of focus...

I tryed everthing, but nothing happens..

Does anyone  founf how to fix the problem? or i sell this one and buy a samsung?? Its a shame sony expensive cellphone and have this kind of problems. Will be my last Sony.

One time poster
Message 20 of 35
Message 20 of 35

hey guys.. i fixed my xperia z1 by cleaning the camera, i had the same problem it wont focus when taking a photo, now everything works just fine(i took the back glass off and cleaned the lens with a napkin) hope it helps,cheers