account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia Z SMART CONNECT - Earphones not being recognized.

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Sony Xperia Z SMART CONNECT - Earphones not being recognized.

I have always used the Smart Connect app on my phone for my earphones to automatically turn up my volume and then turn the volume all the way down when i disconnect them. This is because i need it on silent when i get to work after listening to music. This worked before but suddenly my device does nothing when i connect my earpods.

If anyone has a solution or any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Sony Xperia Z SMART CONNECT - Earphones not being recognized.

Thanks,

I tried even with the original but nothing. If i try to repair the phone with PC Companion will it remove anything off the phone or will it just be like a regular update. Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Have you tried with another pair of headphones? This to see if the problem is related to the headphones or the phone. If it's the same with other headphones you could try to repair the phone software via PC Companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks,

I tried even with the original but nothing. If i try to repair the phone with PC Companion will it remove anything off the phone or will it just be like a regular update. Thanks

View solution in original post

Master
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Yes, the repair will wipe the phone memory (not memory card) so make sure to backup and save everything you don't want to lose.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Okay, thanks for that. I really appreciate the advice.

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

This appears to be affecting only earphones with an inbuilt mic. I have Klipsch Image S4i and these were working fine before the update. I've also tried the earphones supplied with the device and these no longer work. Please could someone help?

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Same problem!

To make matters worse, sometimes it recognises them, then randomy switches music to internal speaker. Which is really great if you're in an open plan office Slightly frowning Face