account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z- Not Charging

One time poster
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: Sony Xperia Z- Not Charging

The Same Problem Occured With My Z5 Just Now, And This Fixed It(Thanks). Turns out it was charging just not turning any lights on, Only Had A Minor Heart Attack.

One time poster
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

Re: Sony Xperia Z5- Not Charging

Oh....It works...I pressed PowerButton+Volume up button for few second then my xperia z5 restarted .....and I plugged in....

Thans forum.....thanks a lot

One time poster
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

i have dozens of cables and many usb devices that can generally charge from laptop or portable speakers.

But they are not cahrging my Sony Xperia - seems it only likes the origanl usb cable. 

it is plugged in and got to 2%, charging and then drained to 0%.

Now it is dead totally and is not not charging ,,,,,,,,,, should i Trash it ?

One time poster
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

Should you be experiencing difficulty charging (a) through a USB port (c.f. wall socket), (b) while the Xperia is switched on, you might do well to check for the following:

• Start Windows Administrative Tools / Computer Management / Device Manager / Portable Devices
  • Look for "Xperia Z5 Compact" with a Troubleshooting exclamation mark.

I was able to resolve this non-charging issue by uninstallating the Xperia through Device Manager and plugging the Xperia back into the USB port to reinstall the device management software, whereupon it immediately returned to its normal charging behaviour.

This unexpected solution may save you hours of needless frustration and fruitless software updates and diagnosis, as it did me.

One time poster
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

This issue is more a "Smart Battery" problem than a direct issue to the speciific hardware. 

The issue happened to my Wifes phone last night.  I have seen this issue on Samsung devices, HTC e.t.c the issue is with the micro crontoller getting a little confused.  As per all of the other comments previously posted there is a lot credence to all. I would propose that you follow in a methodical way the ideas posted noting your results as you go along as they will send you to the correct step eventually for reseting the batery micro controller.

1. If possible use the original charger (the resistance levels are set optimum for the hardware) If this does not work then step 2 is probably your solution.

Battery needs to be fully discharged for next step

2. Take a usb cable even the original and go to a low power usb output (i.e computer but not a USB 3 / SSUSB) then charge fully. this seems to fool the micro controller into allowing it to charge.  do not power on til device is fully charged before turning it on.

3. So you now have a fully charged phone carry out a full back up of the phone (you just got very lucky)

4. Via the support portal do all updates

Hopefully this helps

One time poster
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

Hi,

Last 5 days i have not plugged in for charging my Xperia Z, and the battery has completely drained. Now I connected to charge and more than 6 hours elapsed but it is not charged and not even shows the red light after attempting to press the power button. I am very much disappointing due to this situation, as I somany important contact numbers and other important contents.

Please guide me for the easiest solution to overcome this issue.

Thanx.

One time poster
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

Hi.  My Z is behaving just like yours.  Did you ever have any luck sorting yours out?

One time poster
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

hi .. i would like to ask you about my sony xperia Z  i got a  problem my phon is on but wount charging its posible me to help ... thank you  Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

Worked for me Grinning Face  ty remembeer volume up button is oppesit sides on z5 Grinning Face

One time poster
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

I never thought I would say this. 

I give up! More than months I'm trying to make it work. Such a disappointment! All these years of trusting Sony.

Shut off by itself, not charging then back to shutting off by itself again.

I'm solving an issue then comes another one. I'm continuously complaining.  People at home making fun of me Slightly smiling Face

I will make sure I cancel all the apps I paid to make this phone work, check no pictures or anything left in it. Then throw it to the mosel river and yes go buy a Samsung.