account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony Xperia Z- Not Charging

Message 11 of 32
Message 11 of 32

Re: Sony Xperia Z- Not Charging

Great.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 12 of 32
Message 12 of 32

Yep, standard problem.  Been around for, well, forever.  I have two Xperia Z's - a C6602 and a C6603.  Both suffer from the problem.  It isn't necessary to let the 'phone discharge completely (though that is the easiest way of doing it), if you disconnect the charger (e.g. power cut, turning off your engine) at the wrong moment the microcontroller will get its knickers in a twist and refuse to charge.  If you don't notice this the phone will discharge completely *even though* it is connected to the charger and you have the problem.

You can, eventually, fix it by connecting and disconnecting the charger until the microcontroller decides to let you charge it - the red light will come on.  Not a good solution, particularly as you might actually need to use the phone.

There is, however, a really good solution that works 100% of the time.  Buy a Samsung.  That's what I'm going to do (it just happened to me again); I'll never buy a Sony phone again.

John Bowler

Learner
Message 13 of 32
Message 13 of 32

This has to be one of the most frustrating but intriguing phones I have EVER owned.  Still have charging isssues. which frankly should not be the case.  Two phones later(the first one had the same issue) and a cracked screen(which I dont know how it started with a CASE on) have become my ultimate nightmare.  

As a sony fan (tv, phone, playstation) I bought this to align with a user total experience.  I am VERY disappointed.  The updates are lagging for a TOP TIER phone(regardless of their "updates to additional lines).  If Sony wants to be a leader, they MUST change this as end users who fork out top dollar expect the same level of service for their product.  I am now struggling to leave sony, but it may be warranted as Samsung (AGAIN) has stepped up their solutions, and frankly, at this point my frustration would almost lead me to toss it and call it a loss)..  

SIgned a Loyal Customer who is EXTREMELY frustrated with Sony.  Just disappointing.... I agree John

Ted

Learner
Message 14 of 32
Message 14 of 32

still no answer.. tic toc..tic toc..

One time poster
Message 15 of 32
Message 15 of 32

I have the same issue - i have dozens of cables and many usb devices qand can generally charge from laptop or portable speakers.

It appears "that sometimes" my Sony Xperia - only likes the origanl usb cable.  I notice that is slightly more spurred than other charges.

pain - got to 2%, said it was charging and then drained to 0%.

Anyone else found this nuance?

@tedrostarr wrote:

still no answer.. tic toc..tic toc..

One time poster
Message 16 of 32
Message 16 of 32

I had the same problem until i tried samsung charger and it worked , but some say that the samsung charger may ruin the battery and i have to buy a new charger ? Is that true ?

Visitor
Message 17 of 32
Message 17 of 32

I have tried everything but eventually found the fix. The phone docking station - buy one, sit the phone on it and it will charge from 0%.

One time poster
Message 18 of 32
Message 18 of 32

Hiii in my sony xperia z there is hidden battery logo cant show it what should i do
Message 19 of 32
Message 19 of 32

Sometimes, I face this issue. I'm so familiar with opening the back cover of Xperia. So I don't touch to liquids anymore. Slightly smiling Face

Never let your phone to be charged below %30, that reduced your batterys lifetime. %0 is a disaster. Non-charging issues are regularly caused by this user behaviour. I'm one of them. Slightly smiling Face But, once a month, let your batteries drained fully off (%0). But only once a month.  

Some solutions I found are as below: 

Without opening the back cover, try a power bank rather than wall charger. I don't know why, but it worked! Then I tried my normal wall charger. Everything goes on as normal. Slightly smiling Face

If drained down to %0, sometimes it doesn't charge altough red light appears. Give it a time. If still not working, unplug charger, let the phone do a rest for minutes, then plug in again. It returns back to life! 

Open the back cover. Check the connection hub of battery to mainboard. If it's not properly attached, push gently on it. It easily gets attached. If it's properly attached, disattach the socket from the board. And attach it again after 15-20 seconds. 

These solutions I found are NOT science backed. They're all based on experiments I did with my own phone. But they are all so easy to do. But the best is Sony services located in your area. My solutions are for you if you have no time to reach the official solution experts. 

One time poster
Message 20 of 32
Message 20 of 32

GHow did you get it working because im having the same problem