account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z- Not Charging

Visitor
Message 1 of 32
Message 1 of 32

Sony Xperia Z- Not Charging

Hello,

so last night I let my phone get to 0% (I know, stupid) and the I plugged it in

It was plugged in for 8 hours overnight, yet it is not turning on this morning

I tried a different charge for 20 minutes, still no result.

The LED light flashes red three times when I go to turn it on, what should I do?

31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32
Message 2 of 32

Re: Sony Xperia Z- Not Charging

Force shutdown(power button+vol up until the phone vibrates 3 times).Connect to wall charger and then turn it on.Never let your phone get to 0% again.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 32
Message 3 of 32

That didn't work, I held it for about a minute and it didn't vibrate

Message 4 of 32
Message 4 of 32

Connect the phone to PC,attempt to repair with sony update service.If still not working,take the phone to a sony service.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 5 of 32
Message 5 of 32

when red dot flashes 3 times it means battery is drained down 0% and has nothing left make sure you use original charger connect it to the wall leave it like that for 1-2 hours check again if nothing then try using sony update service* this software will let you do fresh install while phone is off follow steps from program and see if this gets your phone back to life.

*Can't share links on forum anymore due to odd forum error i keep getting which is Please enter a vaild URL. error no mather what i write for a url it justs throws same error.

Message 6 of 32
Message 6 of 32

There seems to be some issues with the URL,but you can still post them.Just make sure to post exactly the link.

Message 7 of 32
Message 7 of 32

i did that but no mather what i do error presists still :/

Message 8 of 32
Message 8 of 32

You are trying to edit one of your posts,right?Post normally,do not edit.

Message 9 of 32
Message 9 of 32

not really i was creating a new reply post and error came no mather what.

P.S sorry for going off topic here.

One time poster
Message 10 of 32
Message 10 of 32

Thank YOU!!! This worked perfectly for me. Saved me a lot of stress Slightly smiling Face