account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony Xperia Z - Dead, won't turn on, won't charge, PC doesn't recognise

Visitor
Message 21 of 305
Message 21 of 305

Re: Sony Xperia Z - Dead, won't turn on, won't charge, PC doesn't recognise, led doesnt light

I have the same problem with my xperia Z . Its only 3 months old and now cant switch on, its charging for less than 15 minutes only then stops. help please.

One time poster
Message 22 of 305
Message 22 of 305

Re: Sony Xperia Z - Dead, won't turn on, won't charge, PC doesn't recognise

I am exactly in the same position as experiaStevesPhone.
If anybody has a fix, please respond.

Or is it best to give it back to the Service Center?
If anybody has, did they get a replacement phone or did they fix it? And was your data still on there when you got it back?

Has sony reported a cause/reson for this problem yet?
One time poster
Message 23 of 305
Message 23 of 305

Just charge it with another cable. I had the same problem, whem I pushed the power button it just blinked tree times and nothing. When I puted it to another charger after 5 minutes the sony startet with 1% batery

One time poster
Message 24 of 305
Message 24 of 305

I had a similar issue with my Xperia Z.  When I plugged it in, the light did not even blink and my pc did not recognize it.  I checked the cord using a different phone to ensure that it wasn't faulty, and it wasn't.  Holding the power and volume down button DID turn my phone on.  My pc still doesn't recognize the phone however....

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 305
Message 25 of 305

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Do you get any sort of tone or notification indicating that something has been connected when you plug it into a PC?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 26 of 305
Message 26 of 305

Omygod THANK YOU !!!!! Lifesaver x
One time poster
Message 27 of 305
Message 27 of 305

pc companion dose not work. the phone will not charge because no charger reconizes the phone. so the only way for the phone to be repaired is to send it in. im just wondering how much that cost and how do i sent it in?

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 28 of 305
Message 28 of 305

Hi brettbelew and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You would be best to speak with your local Xperia Care team to confirm this information.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 29 of 305
Message 29 of 305

please somebody help my xperia z doesnt seem to charge sometimes but it does recognize the charger and when i plug in the charger redlight  blinks but it doesnt charge when i tried turning off the phone and plugged in charger it was charging after sometime it stopped charging and in the service centre they told me that it is due to water damage on motherboard and the whole motherboard must be changed which will cost around 20k..but i dont think that problem is in motherboard...what is your opinion pls do reply....

One time poster
Message 30 of 305
Message 30 of 305

By now I really hate this brand. My mother's gift "Sony xperia", which is 12 days old is unable to switch on. Although I tried all the means I could find. I think it will be the piece of sony to enter our family. I will do my best to let all my friends know about it