account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z - Dead, won't turn on, won't charge, PC doesn't recognise

One time poster
Message 51 of 305
Message 51 of 305

Re: Sony Xperia Z - Dead, won't turn on, won't charge, PC doesn't recognise

Hi, I am having same issue..................i dont know what to do??????  are you managed recovred from that state............is so pls help

One time poster
Message 52 of 305
Message 52 of 305

My phone just went dead.  It was charged, I was using it, then dead.  Plugging into charger occasionally give a red light, but not always.  Computer won't connect to it.  Pushing volume and start button does nothing, Pushing volume and plugging in usb does nothing.  What do I try next?

Talent
Message 53 of 305
Message 53 of 305

Does your phone boot up to the Sony logo and goes off ?

One time poster
Message 54 of 305
Message 54 of 305

AAAHHHHHH! I was about to take the phone to the Dentist. 

Learner
Message 55 of 305
Message 55 of 305

YAY - FIXED IT!

So I had the same problem. My Sony Xperia Z3 wont charge and wont talk to my PC. If I try to charge it, the red led will blink for a moment and then...nothingSlightly frowning Face

I´ve tryed the master reboot volum down thing and a bunch of difrent charges but, no luck. Just get that brief red led blink and then...nothing.

What I did

But then I bought a (cheap) portable mobil battery charger and HUREKA it worked!!

Charged the lipstick sized mobile charger all the way up. The pluged it in my mobile and...my phone started to charge. No red led blink no it just keept going.

After it charged from the portable charger one time, it now runs normal again, and I can use my normal wall socket USB charger witk no problem.

Why it worked? I dont know...Maybe it´s something to do with tincreased current so the cheap charger will charge with more amperage, and somehow then unclog the phones battery.

Hope it helped.

Adviser
Message 56 of 305
Message 56 of 305

Hi guys. Same problem with my xperia z. I read the solution about connecting it to a wallet charger etccc. Is it normal that no led light? Do I continue to wait the hour? Or it is useless?
Learner
Message 57 of 305
Message 57 of 305

So this issue seems to be popping up a lot, I just installed the new software for my wife's Sony Xperia Z a week ago and 2 days after that the phone has died and won't even take a charge, I bought 3 new cords, had the phone on the charger for almost 72 hours and the red light doesn't even turn on when pluged in. So tell me Sony why is this? At this rate this phone is an $800 paper weight and let me tell you I'm not very happy with this phone or with the Sony corporation.
Learner
Message 58 of 305
Message 58 of 305

What kind of charger?
One time poster
Message 59 of 305
Message 59 of 305

Hi, I have the Xperia ZL  and my phone is dead but i get no red light when connected to the charger, PC or other cable charge.

I tried the power+volume up (press at the same time and hold for several minutes) - no light 

I tried taking off the SD card,

I tried using diferent cable-charger.

my phone provider told me to get a new phone, please I dont know what to do anymore.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 60 of 305
Message 60 of 305

I'm sure you have already tried this, since you "have tried all of the manual resets", but I write this anyway because some other person might not know all theese options (I didn't). Try http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3compact/userguide/Resetting-your-device/ section "To force the device to shut down" or search the user guide for your phone for "restarting and resetting", if my link is broken, or, if you have a Z3 compact like me, just push the little button labeled "off", just beside the sim-card slot with a pensil.