account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z C6602 10.5.A.0.230 update problem

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Xperia Z C6602 10.5.A.0.230 update problem

Hi guys!

I've just upgraded my Sony Xperia Z C6602 to the latest 10.5.A.0.230 Android 4.4.2 firmware by Sony PC Companion, but The following messege appeares when I try to access media services & anything else related to this:

Unfortunately, the process

android.process.media has stopped.

I can't even connect my phone to PC on MTP mode to repair it. Please help me to fix this & tell if you have the same problem too.

Thans <3 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Demigod
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony Xperia Z C6602 10.5.A.0.230 update problem

Try to do a factory data reset.

3 REPLIES 3
Demigod
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Try to do a factory data reset.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

try to update via pc companion

Apprentice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Please i did an update using the pc companion, my xperia z switched off to install the update and it has refused coming back on, it gives me some error message like - The software update failed, make sure the phone is connected to the computer and try again, i've done phone repair with the pc companion and it still gives me error again, it said 

Unable to run update components on your computer, detail: sony update engine failure (error 100)

My pc is running windows 8, please i'd like if anyone could be of help so i can continue using my phone again...