account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sony Mobile Replacement Policy a cheat

Message 11 of 34
Message 11 of 34

xperia z1 worst phone ever.

hi my name is sachin. i bought XPERIA Z1 on october 2013. On Jan 2014 my phone loudspeaker went off and i had my phone repalced. the refurbished phone that i recieved on april 2014 was worst than orignal. refurbished i am saying because it was clearly visible that someone's xperia z1 was repaired and given to me.this refurbished set had many issues, like while using camera on different capture mode the phone would get too hot and restart. on 16 june 2014 phone camera got too hot and front screen and touch of phone bulged out.after that the backlight of phone went of. rest of phone is operating properly just backlight is off. clearly visible that phone was not properly sealed waterproof before. i contacted sony customer care and they told me to visit sony service center. i visited sony service center on 17 june and waited 3hrs but no one helped. they told me that their server is down and no entry can be made. i visited next day and they had same problem but this time they made entry but were not able to give me work order no. their engineer told me that water has logged in my phone as he showed me that red indicators are visible meaning that water has penetrated inside. i explained them all about phone that how it got swollen and backlight went off.
the so called engineer of service center started explaining me how to use phone. that it was my fault and i didn't knew how to use a phone. they also told me its past 6 month and Accidental Damage Coverage or warranty is void .
on my request they filed the ADP and told me to wait 7 days for reply. i waited for their reply and contacted them myself on 28 june. they told me that ADP has been cancelled. and now i have to Pay 50% to 80% of MRP for phone to be replaced.i told them i don't want to replace phone and repair the backlight of phone and i will pay for repairing. they replied that they don't repair phone, this phone can't be repaired. it will only be replaced. i told them that first i made mistake of buying so expensive phone and now i have to pay 80% of 40000 to get new phone.
this is insane. i even logged complaint on sony website.but they too repeated same old lines.
A Waterproof phone from Sony that isn't Waterproof.
i have used so many sony phones from K750i to W550i to SATIO to Xperia MIRO. but now have lost all faith. i will buy even micromax phone but will never buy Sony phones.
i have stopped my 4 friend from buying sony phones and will stop more in future, and i ask u guys to do same.

thank's guys.
sachin.

Nk
Learner
Message 12 of 34
Message 12 of 34

Re: Sony Mobile Replacement Policy a cheat

I am also got the same problem in the replacement service of the phone , my phone is my dream phone and kept in good condition but after getting problem in usb cover i handed over the set for replacement but when I went there for replacement they handed over me a used refurbished handset wich is really in the bad shape line dents all over the body..,

That condition is not accepetable to me.

So please change this concept if you are not able to provide the new handset, even  if is  not possible to provide refurbished handset must be return the same as handed over by the customer.

I must ask the xperia care to review this policy.

nkumar
Adviser
Message 13 of 34
Message 13 of 34

this forum is helpless and rubbish. i think sony just doing time pass on this forums.. never got any solution on this forum.. nobody listen our queries on this forum..totally bogus i heared  sony closes its vaio series in 2015.. also close this xperia series with it.. because sony dont know how to make a smart phone., as asony xperia Z ZL ZR  have automatic shutdown and dead at all problems... shame on you sony...

One time poster
Message 14 of 34
Message 14 of 34

I feel cheated. Repenting my decision to by Sony xperia zl. Request all to spend money on Samsung or Nokia or even Micromax but never on Sony. Product seems to be bad intrinsically.Only appealing externally. After sales service gesture not matching even a local cloth vendor.
One time poster
Message 15 of 34
Message 15 of 34

Currently sony has issue(s) with KITKAT with Z ...for this issue i gave my xperia-z to care center.. and in return i got refurbished unit with scratches on screen and had same kitkat slowness issue(s).....

After asking them about refurbishing they replied that “company found some issues” so the divice is refurbished...

The service center guys didnt had asnwers.. so i resumitted it.. and waiting for good device....

I was fan of sony before this stupid policy... last device....

One time poster
Message 16 of 34
Message 16 of 34

i got problem in zl twice in a year,,n i got replacment my zl once,,after 2,3 months there is another prblm with ma new replacement zl,,,i went to sony center they said there is no servicing for zl u wil get replace ur phn with new 1 with discount,..i hv to pay again to get ma phn,,wts  this?will nerver buy sony again,,samsung is better then sony in all this stuff...

One time poster
Message 17 of 34
Message 17 of 34

SONY IS A REALLY RUBBISH COMPANY, phone didn't last long at all, I would recommend not to even spending a penny on there rubbish phones. Although the camera quality is good, most of the time it freezes and the phone starts heating up. (WHATS THE POINT) I sent my phone off for repair, 4 month after i purchased the phone. It took them over one month to send my phone back, which was still giving me problems. The customer service is RUBBISH, the advisors all very very rude and have not idea what there talking about. Also they refuse numerous time,of me speaking to the manger. SONY IS SOO RUBISH, not a surprise why iphones and Samsung are the best seller. A **bleep** Nokia brick is much better this phone
One time poster
Message 18 of 34
Message 18 of 34

ME TO HAVING SAME PROBLEM WITH SONY XPERIA Z1 COMPACT.

ITS ONLY 4 MONTHS OLD AND I HAD VISITED CUSTOMER CARE MORE THAN 10 TIMES.

Message 19 of 34
Message 19 of 34

This forum is no meaning.
No solution by forum and guidance.
Now lesson is not buy Sony products and forcing friends not to buy it.
Worst quality.
Sony India bye bye soon...
Xiaomi ,Oppo,Moto ,One plus one will rock in future
Learner
Message 20 of 34
Message 20 of 34

I have a problem with the earpiece on my xperia z. When i call or people call m‎e they can hear me but i cant hear anything at all. I've returned it 3 times to xperia care (they really dont care). this is the 4th time with the same problem and a few extra software glitches now. How many times before they replace my handset??
I wont be buying anymore sony products and i will be t‎alking friends out of it also