account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Mobile Replacement Policy a cheat

One time poster
Message 1 of 34
Message 1 of 34

Sony Mobile Replacement Policy a cheat

Hi everyone,    I have been a long time sony fan for most of my electronics and thus when they launched the new experia z i was quick to grab one. it worked well for a few months and then suddenly i found a spot in the camera also the software of the device started to misbehave. i walked into the sony service centre and requested that my phone be repaired. 

the engineer there was very polite and helpful but said that since as a policy he wasnt allowed to open the device he would send it to the company and i would be given a new device as it was still in the warranty period. but to my horror a few days later i recieved a used and bruised phone with a broken glass back. i immediately returned the same to the service station and the agreed to have it replaced again promising me that i would this time surely get a new device. but again yesterday i have been given a used device refurbished by sony. 

i did not want my device changed but was forced down my neck by the company and then im given used phones in return. its disgraceful that a company as big as sony cheats its customers in this manner. A high end phone costing a fortune is bought by the customer and it malfunctions in a matter of four  months. is it the users fault? y should i suffer for a malfunction? just because the company cannot repair it im told to lump a used device which i have no idea was used in what manner.

its a shame sony is cheating its customers in this manner. something one never expected. this would be my and my families last sony purchase and i wish to advise everone to think twice before picking up a sony product.

33 REPLIES 33
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 34
Message 2 of 34

Re: Sony Mobile Replacement Policy a cheat

I am sorry to hear about this, however for any service/warranty questions I would strongly advise contacting your local Xperia Care team.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 34
Message 3 of 34

Sam, I don't think you've read what Bunnybugs has written. He is complaining about the poor service quality from Sony's local Service Centre. Why should hand out refurbished phones as replacement instead of new phones? Do you think that this is some kind of a joke that people would buy high end Sony phones by burning their hard earned fortune only to be faced with the prospect of experiencing a malfunctioning which disrupts their peace of mind and productivity? On top of that, Sony rubs salt to their wounds by handing out refurbished phones. I would not recommend anyone wasting their money on buying Sony phones. This is how companies fall from grace and start their doom-by being arrogant and high-handed with customers who are their reason to be in business. I would urge all disgruntled customers to join hands and initiate a lawsuit globally against Sony Mobile to claim damages and penalty! Perhaps better sense will prevail on Sony then.

Message 4 of 34
Message 4 of 34

if your phone was under subscription plan at a phone company, then you should of gone to them with the phone to have it fixed by them since my phone is under a subscription plan and i got black dots in camera part so i took it to phone company i had the plan with that was with phone to so they understood what i meant so guy had it sent to telecareservice company here in sweden under gurantee/warranty request 2-3 days later repair was completed and phone was sent back and then i got message saying i could pick it up so i went up picked it up and it was as new, camera was having no dots anymore Slightly smiling Face because telecareservice replaced the camera in the phone Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 5 of 34
Message 5 of 34

i encountered the same situation as well...sent my xperia z back for repairs and they gave me a new set. Claimed that it was "new" when i asked whether is it refurbished. went home and to my surprise, the backpanel was lifted, the power button was sluggish and insensitive as and it was a 13W09 model. (my previous one was 13W12). in short they gave me an even older batch with even more problems than the one which i bought. rather irritated by this move.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 34
Message 6 of 34

@snoopypryer - Sorry for the confusion, I assure I did read his post however for any service/warranty questions you are always better off contacting your regional support team as they will have a better grasp of the process specific to the region in question.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 7 of 34
Message 7 of 34

i have been facing the same issue as well. The company supplies defected products and try to cover it by a mediocre means of support. Heres my complaint.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Have-been-cheated-by-the-Sony-Service-center-for-my-ZR/...

Rookie
Message 8 of 34
Message 8 of 34

Is there any way to contact regional support, also when its happening everywhere, it must be organization level issue, that Sony has decided to cheat on customers, so that they can run out of business soon.

If this way they continue ppl will either buy low end Sony phones or none.

Rookie
Message 9 of 34
Message 9 of 34

Did u receive any response from Sony or still using that refurbished phone?? I am actually very much frustrated, as My phone has spent about 1 month in service center itself as replacement phones are always coming up iwth different issues.

One time poster
Message 10 of 34
Message 10 of 34

Bunnybags I also had the same problem, I just wanted to know that after how many months u rpleaced the phone? Do they charged u money? Do they gave u new handset? Reply to my question I also have xperia z I will know it tomorrow that is it going to be replaced or not.