account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Software Repair Error - Continuously Rebooting

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Software Repair Error - Continuously Rebooting

Good day,

I own a Xperia ZL (C6506). Please see the below history of my phone and advise if this can be repaired,

1. A few months ago the microphone started having issues. Other party complains that they are hearing me very quiet, but when I put it on speaker phone the microphone works fine.

2. About 3 days ago the phone stopped recognising my sim and memory card and I had to restart often for it to work.

3. This morning I attempted a Software repair using Xperia Companion which failed and now my phone is constantly rebooting. I received an Update Error - UE_2005.

Can anyone advise if changing the microphone will fix number 1 as well as what can be done to boot my phone.

regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Software Repair Error - Continuously Rebooting

Hi Sinnas_2,

Welcome to the community,

I am sorry to hear about the software repair failure, however you may be able to get the device back up and running using the same process.

Try attempting another software repair on the device to see if it is successfully this time. If it does not work, then you are best to speak with Customer Care within your region directly.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hi Sinnas_2,

Welcome to the community,

I am sorry to hear about the software repair failure, however you may be able to get the device back up and running using the same process.

Try attempting another software repair on the device to see if it is successfully this time. If it does not work, then you are best to speak with Customer Care within your region directly.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Regular
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Just to assist others and to be thorough, I did the below:

1. Downloaded Xperia Companion (PC Companion did not recognize the device driver fast enough and it would restart)

2. I also had to leave the device charging for a day to ensure it was sufficient as it was constantly rebooting and charging took longer (holding down the power button and down did not work)

3. I then opened Xperia Companion and followed instructions to repair the phone.

4. On about the 5th attempt it worked. Just keep retrying. Patience won the battle.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Sorry to hear that it took a few goes, however I am happy that you managed to get it up and running Grinning Face

I wish you all the luck in the future.

One time poster
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Hello Support System,

I have the same issue - the software repair keeps on failing.

software repair failed.png

I am trying to chage the phone but it keeps on turning on and flasing the "The Software update failed."

I mean, IS THIS NORMAL IN CHARGING THE PHONE?

I tried the software repair tool in the Xperia Companion for five times now, and it is still not working properly. can someone help?

fr6
One time poster
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Error code: UEUpdateFailed UE_2005

please solution this error

please send solution link

One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I have the same issue as wel on both win7 and win 10.

Also discoverd online that there are many Xperia users have the same issue, it's ashame the experia product still has the same software issue for years, icl XZ from 2017 and Sony still doesn't has the clears solution for this error in their site. 

Have spending hours but without any result althought all the instruction carriedout properly.

Hoopfully will receive the proper sollution from Sony on this soon

Best regards

Olan02

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

got some serious issue...xperia zr keeps on rebooting..I am experiencing same kind of trouble in my xperia zr. Tried to repair with pc companion but no use. The battery drains in seconds when i try to switch on. I cant charge it bcz the battery goes 90-2% in 2 seconds .

One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Translation via Google Translate:

Hello
I have a problem with the sony aqua m4 I get UEUpdateFailed
UE_2005

hola 

tengo un problema con el sony aqua m4 me sale UEUpdateFailed
UE_2005

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Good Support, Sony. Followed all possible threds, no reply to the UE2005 error.

Can we MAYBE get some answers after almost a year of not solved issues?

Thank you!