account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Socialife not working

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Socialife not working

Hi,

Just read a sticky thread on "Stamina Mode". Its a good one crisp and to the point the likes of which will put confidence in many users. Can we have a similar thread on what's going on with Socialife. Its been a menace right from the begining. All the threads I found contains no concrete information about when this problem is expected to be resolved. Reactions from Sony support isn't conclusive enough to at least admittance of the issues being faced by the users! Please correct if I'm wrong guys!!

Not Working for me is:

No auto update at all no matter the frequency chosen.

The widget and the main app sorts the data wrongly

Data retrieved is not always complete (fetches some stories but misses the others, it might be since sorting is all over the place this is just too obvious a wrong observation from the user)

Regards,
Arindam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Re: Socialife not working

Obviously removing it was easier than fixing it Winking Face

Johan - could you ascertain whether this is temporary or permanent?

A social widget which doesn't auto update rather defeats the purpose.

15 REPLIES 15
Commissioner
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Same here. auto update problem, does not retrieve data. Wrong order. Funny thing is " like , comment" in facebook does not work at all. Totally useless app.

Not worried as there is an app for every social sites.

BUT earlier TIMESCAPE DID A BETTER JOB IN THIS REGARD.

and there are very limited premium apps from sony for a flagship, when compared to earlier phones or other phones from different manufacturer. like office suite pro was free in 2011 xperia ranges and some other games as well.

But walkman, album and movies apps are great.

BUT SOCIALIFE DOESN'T DO WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO DO.

Xperia ZL C6502 (Replaced with a Perfect Phone)
Rookie
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Please can we have a response from Sony please is there a fix coming for this issue? or is there a problem outside the app. Please give us some information on the same.

Regards,
Arindam
Highlighted
Veteran
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Sony where's Timescape??? Bring it back!

Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Couldn't agree more - what's the point in a "social" widget which doesn't update - automatically or otherwise. Many's the time it's shown no posts for 17+ hours and repeated manual refreshs fail to do anything. Then, for no readily apparent reason posts show up - though not in the right order.

Sony should be ashamed to have this widget on their flagship phone.

Sony should be ashamed not to acknowledge the problems and give a timetable for when it will be fixed.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:

E-mail:

Operator:

Product(s):

IMEI nr:

Build number:

A complete problem scenario and how to replicate the issue:

Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Not meaning to be cheeky here Johan but the answers in the question Winking Face

The Socialife widget does not autoupdate / auto refresh - its been mentioned many times on this forum and many, many times in reviews on the Google Play page.

Plus - even when you manually refresh it very often fails.

The app has a setting to"check for new posts" - which evidently doesn't work the way it should.

I've just checked my widget - apparently no new posts for 8 hours - then into the app - same - pull down to refresh = last post 4mins ago. Back to widget and 4min old post is showing.

What I expect (and what I assume should happen) is that the app should check for new posts and update the widget accordingly to give the result above (which I had to accomplish manually).

This is NOT happening - and I've yet to see a post from anyone who says it is.

Rookie
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

I'll PM you soon!

Regards,
Arindam
Rookie
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

I've sent you the details Johan! Please alert me incase you need any further details.

Regards,
Arindam
Rookie
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Johan, any update from your side? I'm still having the same problem even after installing a recent update to Socialife. Is this a regional issue?

Regards,
Arindam