account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Serious issue on my ZL! Phone not starting up after .253 update + LED notification continuously showing Red!!!

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Serious issue on my ZL! Phone not starting up after .253 update + LED notification continuously showing Red!!!

Tried even SUS & PCC as suggested but nothing works! My beautiful phone is just lying there....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

Re: Serious issue on my ZL! Phone not starting up after .253 update + LED notification continuously showing Red!!!

have you try the basic

connect the phone to the wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charger for 1 hour > try to turn it on again

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Emperor
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Re: Serious issue on my ZL! Phone not starting up after .253 update + LED notification continuously showing Red!!!

try this

connect your phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up at the same time for 10 seconds > let it charge for 1hour > try to turn it back on

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

Trying this... hope it works!! :\

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

I faced exactly the same problem around 1 week back. It happens when your phone completely runs out of battery.

What i did was continuosly pressing the volume up and power key while charging it. When this thing also failed i connected it to pc and then it suddenly started. Smiling Face with open mouth & closed EyesDizzy Face

The permanent solution to this is to charge often...and never let your battery drain completely.(Neways draining your battery frequently will shorten its life)

One time poster
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

Didn't work... :'(

One time poster
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

i had actually let it drain completely on the first day so that i could leav it for charging from 0 - 100... will try connecting to my pc again now...

Rookie
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/466566#466566

2weeks ago.. Vinay click the link. thats how i solved my ZL

One time poster
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

I will try this today & confirm Teng! tks!

One time poster
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

No luck... it managed to recognise the card but still did not turn on the fone.... :'(

One time poster
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

It allowed me to run the full update on the fone via pc (778 mb) but still doesnt turn it on Slightly frowning Face helpppppppppppppp