account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen shot on Xperia Z after 4.2.2. update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 87
Message 21 of 87

Re: Screen shot on Xperia Z after 4.2.2. update

I can't find where the. Are saved
One time poster
Message 22 of 87
Message 22 of 87

it's true

One time poster
Message 23 of 87
Message 23 of 87

the thing about screenshot is being fast to take it. the new method, and it doesnt work properly all the time. how many times do i have to press the buttons to make one effing screen shot. and boy how hard do i have to press. shame on sony! shame on sony! again shame on sony!!

One time poster
Message 24 of 87
Message 24 of 87

I'm looking for a screen munch application for Xperia Z
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 25 of 87
Message 25 of 87

After about 1 hour struggling, I finally found it :smileysmileythumbsup:

Go to Apps

Open Notes

Open Clip manager

Your screen shots are there. Apparently Sony combined sreen shots with their Notes app.

If you want to locate the screen shot file:

Go to Apps

Open File Commander

Open Internal storage

Open com.sonyericcsson.notes

Open clip_small_app

As some people wrote before, to take a screen shot:

Press the little square right to home button 

Press the purple icon showing a frame on the right of the white bar (next to the green microphone)

Hope I helped some.

JPR
Visitor
Message 26 of 87
Message 26 of 87

Bottom line is, they've made it physically harder to take a screenshot. That's a big fat FAIL.

Adviser
Message 27 of 87
Message 27 of 87

I don't have any problem at all with the new screenshot button which is the Power button + Volume Down. 

And as I stated here http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-Z-screenshot-button/m-p/383981#U383981 , the mini screenshot app button is another option for screenshotting but that takes slightly more work to do so haha.

For people who thinks searching where does the screenshots saved is quite a frustrating problem for them, you can always download "QuickPic" via Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&hl=en !! It's really easy and simple Grinning Face I've downloaded this app from my previous smartphones to my current Xperia Z. QuickPic never fails me whereas you can sort and hide your folders etc. But QuickPic only works on the Power button + Volume Down button where it saves your screenshot into a Screenshots Folder. If you're using the mini screenshot app to screenshot and you want to locate your screenshot file, you can refer the steps from Bofredo. Slightly smiling Face

Hope this helps!

Cheers Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 28 of 87
Message 28 of 87

Guys make sure you press the volume down and the power button at the same time and hold it for a second or two. I also struggled at first but finally it seems I was pressing one button before the other so it triggered the volume or the power options. Just press both the buttons at the same time and hold it. DO NOT PRESS ONE BUTTON AND THEN HOLDING THAT PRESS THE OTHER. THAT DOES NOT WORK. PRESS BOTH THE BUTTON TOFETHER
One time poster
Message 29 of 87
Message 29 of 87

Latest update does not allow me to take screenshot using power button+ vol down combo. Nothing happens when clicked.
Adviser
Message 30 of 87
Message 30 of 87

At the bottom of your screen press the square button(right to the home key)you will get options to screen shot.hope this helps Slightly smiling Face