account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen shot on Xperia Z after 4.2.2. update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 11 of 87
Message 11 of 87

Re: Screen shot on Xperia Z after 4.2.2. update

thanks this option disapper on the 4.2.2 update, and with the long press combo volume down and power button works ok.

One time poster
Message 12 of 87
Message 12 of 87

I don't like the new update, totally changed my phone. How can I get back the old?
One time poster
Message 13 of 87
Message 13 of 87

You have to press the power and volume down buttons at exactly the same time.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 87
Message 14 of 87

it worked perfectly fine, it gets FHD screenshots 1920*1080, nice feature. Just hold power and down volume for 2 or 3 secs and VIOALA your screen is in your album...

One time poster
Message 15 of 87
Message 15 of 87

Yes! I cannot take one at all, it's driving me mad!!!
One time poster
Message 16 of 87
Message 16 of 87

Yes, I should have known better than to trust that a software update would make things better. I should have learned from what used to happen at work!
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 87
Message 17 of 87

I am sorry some of you are having trouble with this, however to expand one something mentioned earlier in this thread you can use the min app. function to capture a screenshot as well via these steps:  Mini App Button (bottom right corner of screen) > Tap the upwards pointing arrow in the bottom left corner > Active Clip.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 18 of 87
Message 18 of 87

is it really that hard to bring it back though... Its now a two handed job... and i mean proper work, just to get a simple screenshot....... rediculous

Visitor
Message 19 of 87
Message 19 of 87

Found this very helpful and it works well and is quicker than the old way! Cheers anon!
Visitor
Message 20 of 87
Message 20 of 87

It's only like the iPhone, having to use two hands and this was you don't need to take you finger/thumb off the button to tap the screen to select what you want. In my book it's a more logical way to go TumBear. Not ridiculous* at all. If you dislike it that much, get a more basic phone, Motorola Razor, Samsung Toco perhaps?