account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen broken, cant shut down phone etc.

Visitor
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Screen broken, cant shut down phone etc.

Hello! So I broke my screen from my Xperia Z. Is there way I can shutdown it for the screen replacement time? It dosnt shutdown even i hold the power button for decade. Also I cant click the "shut down" because the screens shattered. Also is there way I Could save my images to my pc? It dosnt let me open the mass memory even i connect the phone on my pc with cable.

Best regards Wh

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Screen broken, cant shut down phone etc.

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Sorry to hear. You should be able to power off your device by holding the ON/OFF + volume up(+) button for 10 seconds. The only tip I have is by using an OTG-adapter where you can connect a mouse and open your phone from here. Thereby, you might be able to get a connection to your PC for example or perform a back up in the pre-installed back up & restore application.

Note: In order for this solution to work, you need to be able to activate your screen by pressing the ON/OFF button.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thanks Hampus! I had the cable and now my pics etc. are all in my pc! ty! Now I need to order the screen and the lcd panel and then try to fix it byself, hope everything goes well haha.

One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Xperia z, but when I press th shutdown button + the +volume button the phone restarts. I wish to shut it down. Can you help me? 

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Hi Shaimaa710,

If you hold the ON/OFF + volume up (+) button for 5 seconds, it will restart. Try to hold the buttons for 10 seconds and you will feel a total of 4 vibrations and the phone should power off completely.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

hi were u able to repair your phone yourself?im having the same problem and have been quoted £200 for the repair

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Do you have a lock code enabled if you do the USB mass storage wont show untill the phone is unlocked. 

If you have USB Debugging enabled you can install droid@screen on your PC, which will emulate your sony onto your PC/ Laptop.

Not to sure how smashed the screen is or if it has a lock code, you can buy an on the go adaptor and plug a mouse into it and unlock it that way ( if you can see the screen)

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Thank you , it worked for me. And when I restart my phone , my screen worked fine. Just needed for restart! 

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

What can I do when I my LCD is totally broken (black)? Nobody has so far been able to help me. We tried with the OCT cable but of course using a mouse does not help since I can't see the screen. I simply can't get my computer to access any data, the phone is recognized but I cannot "de-lock" and nothing works. Slightly frowning Face I desperately need help. Thanks

@Hampus wrote:

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Sorry to hear. You should be able to power off your device by holding the ON/OFF + volume up(+) button for 10 seconds. The only tip I have is by using an OTG-adapter where you can connect a mouse and open your phone from here. Thereby, you might be able to get a connection to your PC for example or perform a back up in the pre-installed back up & restore application.

Note: In order for this solution to work, you need to be able to activate your screen by pressing the ON/OFF button.

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

hi, this has happened to me and holding the power off button for however seconds does not work. I just want to be able to turn it off and it wont.