account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

STAMINA MODE Stopped Working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 21 of 23
Message 21 of 23

Re: STAMINA MODE Stopped Working

I think the Stamina mode is working fine all these time. And I think the so-called bug on the stamina mode is a misunderstanding to most of the Sony users. It actually manage the standby time through your usage on the phone. 

I noticed this myself, the first few days I got my Xperia Z. I turned on Stamina mode with 100% battery, it was 4 days 24 hours or more. Then I started to play around my phone most of the time, browsering the net, updating my apps, whatsapp-ing non-stop etc. After like 3~5 days, I noticed my Stamina mode's standby hour is only 1 day 15 hours @ 100% battery. I thought it might be some tiny malfunction so I did not really bother it lol.

Then right after that, I was busy doing my assignments and having lots of tests for a week (Curse my college!), I put my phone aside, as in, I only use it for whatsapping/texting. Then I did notice that my standby hour slowly increases day by day. From 1 day 10 hours standby hour up to 4 days @ 100% battery.

And I've been using my Xperia Z for more then 3 months now, and my stamina mode is working fine ever since then! At 100% battery, my standby hour sometimes is around 3 days 10 hours and sometimes it went back up to 4 days 20 hours. But average standby hour I'm having now is 3 days 23 hours haha! So I have this feeling that the Stamina mode really acts as an intelligent battery saver according to your usage on your phone.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. Who knows! But this is just based on my personal experience. Face with stuck-out Tongue

Learner
Message 22 of 23
Message 22 of 23

So I tried the clear eco mode option on my z1, force stop and reset phone. After switching it back on stamina mode and low battery mode were reset. I had an app set to continue running with stamina mode on, which simply finds me at set times in the day, should I leave that off?
Learner
Message 23 of 23
Message 23 of 23

FYI I previously had a fat battery drain from Android System. It was running for the past 8 hours despite my phone being untouched and in stamina mode.