account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

STAMINA MODE Stopped Working

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

STAMINA MODE Stopped Working

for a week the stamina mode works and shows more than FOUR days of standby time.

Last night i plugged it in at 35% left on battery. Wake up this morning and discovers that the standby time changed to 1 Day 2 Hours.

i tried switching the mode on and off,  tried restarting my phone,  tried HARD restarting my phone . Nothing works.

and battery seems to drop faster in standby mode,  the phone randomly heats up at times, but I checked all apps and all SYNC options are off, nothing is running.

Is this a bug?  I DONT wanna do a factory reset again, since I already done it once. ( I did it because Stamina mode failed last time as well)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Talent
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

Re: STAMINA MODE Stopped Working

Hi Guys,

I also faced the same problem, i did some R&D and found the app "Eco Mode Controller" in the APPS>ALL Menu.

I did a Force Stop, then i did a clear data and then restarted my mobile. Now i an able to see that under stamina mode, the standby time is 4 hours and under normal mode the standby time is 2 hours..

Go and check for your self once and confirm back..

Do not forget to give kudos and to select the correct answer as solution

Always Xperia

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Try clearing the data on the Power Saver (or whatever app is called, sorry I don't have Z) app...

Go to Settings > Applications and find the app, there should be an option to clear data...

It will remove all the corrupted settings and you can reconfigure the Stamina mode...

If it doesn't help, come back here Winking Face

Fire it up,

Trubo

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

i am also facing the same problem with my xperia. Have reset it 4 times already. has anyone found a solution?

Aky
One time poster
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

Well clearing data is not a permanent solution. Beside you loose your data from your applications when you clear it.

For eg. if you you clear your data from watsapp then it will earse your all chat history and then again you need to reconfigure your watapps.

Hope Sony will solve this problem in their next update. Till then bear with it.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

Are you saying this is a software bug? The battery also drains very quickly i've noticed when this option doesnt work. On a full charge it just shows a standby time of 20 hrs

One time poster
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

I tried to find the correct app but only found a "Extended Sleep" something, cleared data in that, Did not help.

I then proceed to clear all data in Settings app, also did not help.

Someone mentioned that the battery management app "Learns" my use and suggest a more correct standby time, is that true?  Because It is actually similar to my real life use time when Stamina mode was still working.

So last night I charged the phone to Full, then turned on stamina mode, left my celluar signal ON and went to sleep.  7 hours later I woke up and it's still at 100%. So somehow, Stamina mode still works. and there's no random battery drain.....

I'm confused SONY...

One time poster
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

This is known problem, as I have found some from other forums got affected with same problem.

I have been using my phone for 5 days, and when I toggle on or off, the stamina just doesn't work, figure for stamina mode still same.

Talent
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

Hi Guys,

I also faced the same problem, i did some R&D and found the app "Eco Mode Controller" in the APPS>ALL Menu.

I did a Force Stop, then i did a clear data and then restarted my mobile. Now i an able to see that under stamina mode, the standby time is 4 hours and under normal mode the standby time is 2 hours..

Go and check for your self once and confirm back..

Always Xperia

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

I just tried it, still same didn't change anything.

Talent
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

For me, it changed... Just first do force stop the service and then clear data and then restart the mobile..

Always Xperia