account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Rapid Battery Drain after 4.3 update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 161 of 190
Message 161 of 190

Re: Rapid Battery Drain after 4.3 update

Hi I have all of the problems with the Z,( battery drain,plus the overheating, have tried force restart, cant do a factory reset or uninstall the update as it won't let me!) does anyone have any other ideas that I can try before I have to send me phone off to Sony as my network has told me! Any help would be great thanks!
One time poster
Message 162 of 190
Message 162 of 190

Thanks! This worked for me. I was frustrated as **bleep** for 2 weeks with this battery drain debacle but I followed your solution and bingo, no more drain. Google Play services was the culprit in my case, using 80% + at all times, now using less than 10. I'm 3 hours into the day and have only used 10%battery. Double kudos to you.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 163 of 190
Message 163 of 190

Hi LittleGod,

What worked for you?

Regards,

Paul

One time poster
Message 164 of 190
Message 164 of 190

All,

I was able to resolve the battery drain issue after the 4.3 updated that was caused (at least for me) by the Google Play Services.

I did the following:

1. Settings > Apps

2. Select Google Play app

3. Clear all data (both app and user)

4. Restart phone.

My battery life if back to normal!!!!!

I remember having to do this on other phones when playing around with custom ROMS. Hope this helps someone! Give me some kudos!

One time poster
Message 165 of 190
Message 165 of 190

After reading one million different posts on this issue of excessive battery draining and tried nearly every solution offered with no result, I decided to do the most obvious!!

FACTORY RESET.

simple soslution my phone now is back to normal.

On the Restore of my backup done via Pc Companion, all applications were re downloaded and reinstalled, I did not lose anyhting from my previous setup, and my phone is operating at the normal sufficient battery drain.

6 hours use and phone is at 72% remaining battery. Before the FR its battery same time was at 4% and my phone was switching off...

Phone is no longer warming up too. Believe that some application was on an endless loop and the processor of the phone was operational all times, that is why phone could not use stamina mode, and battery was just going down 10% per 30mins

Learner
Message 166 of 190
Message 166 of 190

Stille battery drain die to Google services. Even after latest update.
Where is sony?
One time poster
Message 167 of 190
Message 167 of 190

Re: Xperia Z - Battery and Heat Issues

Hello, your link, does not help. I read whole post, there is no solution posted to the problem.. ---

@GeoffH wrote:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/503117#503117

One time poster
Message 168 of 190
Message 168 of 190

I put stamina mode on when I out when I got home I took it off now I keep it on and I still get notifications coming through when it's locked
Visitor
Message 169 of 190
Message 169 of 190

This worked, from Sony Mobile Support

1- Settings -> Apps -> All -> Google Play Services 
2- Clear cache 
3- Click Manage Space, then Clear all data 
4- Back, disable, it will ask you to revert to older version, say YES 
If you have Uninstall Updates, do it. 
If it says you can’t disable because of administrators, click manage administrators and deselect the softwares (there were 3, one of them is Sony My Xperia, disabled it) 
5- Once disabled, restart Xperia phone 
6- You may notice errors etc…, its ok, its only temporary 
7- Once rebooted, go again to apps, and enable Google Play Services 
8- If the phone says you need to update Google Play Services, Update and you are good to go, if not, open Hangouts, and it will tell you to update… 
9- Once the update is complete, you are done. 
10- Make sure you have your location service enabled (because you may have disabled it in the past to preserve battery)

Adept
Message 170 of 190
Message 170 of 190

Okay ive worked to find a solution for all you running 4.4.2. Ive had two Xperia ZLs to test this and this is what worked, the battery gets warm but not hot!

Downgrade or upgrade to Google play services 5.0.84
Unistall all updates for google+
Unistall all updates for Chrome
Unistall all updates for Cloud Print

Hard reset vol+ power until It vibrates 3 times.

I cant pinpoint which one of the above is the actual problem but i stopped when i felt that the battery wasnt overheating anymore. Kudo if it worked please.