account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Phone won't turn on or charge

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Phone won't turn on or charge

my phone won't charge or turn on 

when i remove the battery and connect it it lights red but i attach the battery to charge it it doesn't light at all 

what should i do 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Phone won't turn on or charge

The battery is shorted or dead, I tend to believe is damaged because the red led won't lit, hence the protection on the phone avoid passage of electric charge or one of the poles/contact is damaged and there is no flow between + and -.

You may want to get a new battery. What model is your phone exactly?

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
4 REPLIES 4
Genius
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

The battery is shorted or dead, I tend to believe is damaged because the red led won't lit, hence the protection on the phone avoid passage of electric charge or one of the poles/contact is damaged and there is no flow between + and -.

You may want to get a new battery. What model is your phone exactly?

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

it's sony xperia ZR and it didn't work so i took it to the care and they say that both the battery and phone are good maybe some thing went wrong in the electrecal circuit itself

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Amira1494 wrote:

when i remove the battery and connect it it lights red but i attach the battery to charge it it doesn't light at all 

what should i do 

@Amira1494 wrote:

what should i do 

@Amira1494 wrote:

what should i do 

My Sony E2105 wont turn on when plug in charger red light indicator just stays on,can anyone help please ?

Is8
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

My phone is a Sony xperia XA1/L2, when charging the red led lights up but the battery icon doesn't show. What should i do?