account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

One time poster
Message 41 of 54
Message 41 of 54

Re: Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z5

I also had the dead phone this morning. Sony Xperia Z5, with a flashing white light at the top. Took out the SIM to see if it would wake up the phone. Did not work. Came on line and saw the forum, pressed the Power key and Volume UP ( must be the volume up button) together until it vibrates and my phone came alive! Although screen was showing it was 100% charged, I just pressed power button after this and phone came back on, nothing wrong! Thanks for the feedback everyone! I still love my Sony!

One time poster
Message 42 of 54
Message 42 of 54

Re: Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

Hi. I have a Xperia Z C0682 and I having a hard time to find a solution. It won't turn on and there are times it's charging but most of the times not, it just keep on displaying the Sony Xperia splash screen. I tried to contact the nearest Sony store in my location and said that it's not a battery problem and I should install the Sony PC Companion. I tried to install and fix it. The problem is there is no Xperia Z C0682 in the choices so I tried other Xperia Z C6616 etc. But still it won't open. Can someone help me with this, Thank you.

One time poster
Message 43 of 54
Message 43 of 54

This worked thnks!! My phone didnt vibrate but the constant green charging light went off and i was able to turn it on with the power button Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 44 of 54
Message 44 of 54

my sony xperia z wont trun on while using it suddenly switched off on wall charger it only shows red light constantly it wont trun on by pressing volume botton or power botten plzz help...thanks

One time poster
Message 45 of 54
Message 45 of 54

Re: Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z (mine is M5)

hi

i dont know what happened with my phone

the red light was there

it wa chargng for hours and nothing

so i read what the guy said abut pressing the tiny button on the sim card and it changed to yellow and i was able to turn on

my phone is only 6 months old :/

One time poster
Message 46 of 54
Message 46 of 54

For all of you that your phone stucks with the red light on when trying to charge it , just unplug the charger and plug a device(like a usb or mouse) with an otg connector , it will turn off immediately the red light so if you have battery just turn it on by pressing the power button , if not try to charge it again. The otg device drains the power left on the port circuit so the phone unbricks.

Sorry for my english

Hope that it works for you too

Forum Legend
Message 47 of 54
Message 47 of 54

search for the BOOTLOOP topics on the search bar above and follow suggested steps

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 48 of 54
Message 48 of 54

Hi,

I tried the same steps to switch on my phone. even to use the recovery option on PC companion the phone wont connect. 

so please will you tell me, 

how can i recover my xpria via PC companion?

regards,

sam

Visitor
Message 49 of 54
Message 49 of 54

My Sony Xperia Z3 is also gone dead with only the red light coming on once connected to a wall charger. It doesn't switch on and initially while it was showing the battery indicator, now it's not even showing that. It is like completely dead. The problem I have some very recent holiday pics that I need to access at any cost, so don't know what to do. FYI my phone wasn't connected to Internet at any point when I clicked the pics so Google photos solution won't work. I need to get the pics even if I can't get the phone to work again as it more than 2 years old now. Can someone help please? 

Visitor
Message 50 of 54
Message 50 of 54

Would using the PC companion option and more so the recovery option not delete the photos in the phone? Or would the photos still be there?