account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

One time poster
Message 31 of 54
Message 31 of 54

Re: Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

I woke up with my phone like this.

Green LED light. It was on the charger all last night.

Was not able to find help under the troublshooting site.

Looks like a common problem from what I have read...

Power and Volume up does not help.

Anyone find something new?

Genius
Message 32 of 54
Message 32 of 54

Hi @SoCalBabe

If you press the 3 buttons Power, Volume down and Volume up for about 8 seconds and then release them, the Sony logo should appear.

I hope can be useful and I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 33 of 54
Message 33 of 54

I had the same situation.. the powerbutton and volume up doesnt work.. I chargd it for long hours and nothing happend.

Visitor
Message 34 of 54
Message 34 of 54

My phone was completely unresponsive after waking up in the morning. I tried everything mentioned in this thread. Nothing worked. I checked Verizon's support (my carrier) and got the solution...

SOLUTION:

Open up the tab where your sim card is (may be the one for the charger). You will see a little yellow button. Press and hold it down until the phone vibrates. Mine took about 10 seconds. Couldn't believe it turned on after that.

One time poster
Message 35 of 54
Message 35 of 54

there is no one , are you sure on Xperia Z ???

One time poster
Message 36 of 54
Message 36 of 54

Re: Xperia m won't turn on, but will charge to green light

Do not charge the phone, when this happens let the battery completely die out. This would be when the LED light turns off.

This just happened to my phone, it ran out of battery so i put it on charge waited a minute and tried turning it on but nothing happened, so i took the charger out and realised the LED light stayed on, so I instantly assumed to leave it to die again, when this happened I tried charging it again and it turned on. So, you will now have to wait til the battery dies, which may be a while for you because you have left your phone on charge. Hope this helps!

One time poster
Message 37 of 54
Message 37 of 54

exactly the same issue in my xperia t3

Rookie
Message 38 of 54
Message 38 of 54

I have a problem, my Xperia Z is completely dead.

I have more than 80% power when it suddenly went off and became unresponsive.

Tried hard reset (power button + volume up button), nothing changed.

There's no light coming from the LED, even when i charge it.

I tried the Sony PC Companion, but it won't detect my phone.

Any ideas what is the cause and how to fix it?

Really appreciate any help.

One time poster
Message 39 of 54
Message 39 of 54

Dear frd,

my mobile not charge wen i plugged in wall charge .red LED light come for few second and its off ,and i charging view also not shown.i tried some trouble shoot eg:power+up and down volume key press .and still same problem .one night it will charge 10% and then again it reduce charging percentage .please help me out

One time poster
Message 40 of 54
Message 40 of 54

Hello. I have problem about Xperia Z.2 days ago, when I woke up from a sleep,I can`t open my Xperia Z phone. I did remember that before I went to sleep,the battery is still 75%. I didn`t switch it off either. So I tried to press power+volume down button or volume up button, but nothing happened at all. I tried to hard reset using sony pc companion but my computer can`t detect the phone. So I`m clueless right now. It`s not USB cable problem..I tried using my another phone and it works. Can someone help me?..Ah and when I connected to power source, there`s light red. I even charged it for 4 hours and nothing happens.. Please I need help..><