account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

One time poster
Message 11 of 54
Message 11 of 54

Re: Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

Mine is doing the EXACT same thing but my LED light doesn't even want to flash, it's dead, it doesn't want to reboot and it also doesn't want to charge. I honestly doesn't know what is wrong. That whole power button and top/bottom volume button thing doesn't wanna work. This is the second time this phone is acting up I don't know what's up but after this I don't think I'm getting another sony phone...but please please help!
Master
Message 12 of 54
Message 12 of 54

Try to charge your phone for at least 4 hours using the wall charger. Then try to start the phone by press and hold the ON/OFF button and volume up. If the phone doesn't start I suggest that you try to reinstall the phone software using Update Service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

If the behavior persists, you should have your phone examined by a service center. Please contact your local Xperia support team for more information:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Message 13 of 54
Message 13 of 54

My phone was freezing up so I tried powering it off and back on again, but my phone will not respond the led flashes red three times but the screen will not turn on. I tried charging although I had 45% before I powered off. I also tried the volume up and power button but its not working. Please help I only had my Xperia z1s for two weeks.
One time poster
Message 14 of 54
Message 14 of 54

Hi. I have just suffered through this "Sudden Death" issue with my Xperia Z.

The phone would not turn on, but when placed on a USB charge would show the RED LED. Would flash up the SONY logo then would show the battery indicator. Take it off the charger and nothing would happen no matter what buttons pressed. Tried to get it connected via Sony PC Companion and was not recognised.Spoke to a nice person on Sony Chat (AMY) who told me the best way forward was a Recovery option from PC Companion. Half an hour later and I finally have a working phone again (although it looks like the screen has water ingress from the speaker but the water damage indicators are all still bright white) will update if it plays up again.

One time poster
Message 15 of 54
Message 15 of 54

This did reset the phone thank you

One time poster
Message 16 of 54
Message 16 of 54

I had a similar problem. I unplugged my phone from the charger this morning and it wouldn't turn on but the green notification light was on constantly. The power button and volume up trick worked immediately. 

Thanks for this priceless information Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 17 of 54
Message 17 of 54

Hi, also got the dead phone sickness. Tried the : on button/volume trick, try to repair in PCC but nothing worked. Its just the red light that came on when i connect it to computer and charger. Didnt seem to connect to computer after i did the plug in volume down, thing. Also not sure if it is charging, left it plug in for a couple of hours but it is just the red light thats on all the time.   Thinking Face

Master
Message 18 of 54
Message 18 of 54

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

After the phone have charged a couple of hours, try to press and hold the power button and volume up at the same time until the phone vibrates. 

If the phone still doesn't start you could try with Update Service instead of PC Companion: 

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Message 19 of 54
Message 19 of 54

Do not charge the phone, when this happens let the battery completely die out. This would be when the LED light turns off.

This just happened to my phone, it ran out of battery so i put it on charge waited a minute and tried turning it on but nothing happened, so i took the charger out and realised the LED light stayed on, so I instantly assumed to leave it to die again, when this happened I tried charging it again and it turned on. So, you will now have to wait til the battery dies, which may be a while for you because you have left your phone on charge. Hope this helps!

One time poster
Message 20 of 54
Message 20 of 54

Re: Xperia m won't turn on, but will charge to green light

It was my phone, that  now my lad uses and he recently reported 'sudden death'!

The phone will charge OK, showing a green charged light, but it will not turn on.

Have tried the battery pull, pressing power + up volume and power + down  Volume and Power plus both volumes, but it's still as dead as a dodo

So at a loss what to do next?