account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

Visitor
Message 51 of 54
Message 51 of 54

Re: Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

@Sam wrote:

Try running a repair, but ensure you start the process with the phone not connected to the PC and do not connect till it prompts you to do so after the repair option is selected.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Would using the PC companion option and more so the recovery option not delete the photos in the phone? Or would the photos still be there? 

One time poster
Message 52 of 54
Message 52 of 54

I am  having the same issue ...any help here?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 53 of 54
Message 53 of 54

I had the same issue, sudden death, could eventually get it to turn on again, but would keep crashing eventually.

I am still under warranty and so have sent it in and am now being told its all not covered under the warranty and I have to pay £140 to repair it without a clear reason of why its not covered. 

Its really shocking service from someone like Sony, especially to a loyal customer of theirs.  It just feels like they're trying to grab money and prey on people who dont have their precious phone! Even to get them to send it back to me unfixed will cost £20...Add that to the £30 odd of my contract that I havnt used while trying to fix the phone its just not on.

Best find a better phone provider for my next contract I guess.

One time poster
Message 54 of 54
Message 54 of 54

hi my phone its workng sony experia xz1