account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

One time poster
Message 21 of 54
Message 21 of 54

Re: Phone won't turn on - Xperia Z

same problem here and i dont know what to do ? . is it the battery or it is the phone ? .. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 22 of 54
Message 22 of 54

I think i am having a similar problem, my phone is completely unresponsive until i plug it in to charge after this it takes 5-10 seconds for the red charging led to go green. if i try to turn it on the sony sign comes up and then it returns to the charging screen then 5-10 seconds later it is fully charged again, i have tried using the power on button with the up volume and the down and nothing worked. if anyone knows a fix please let me know as i dont think my phone is under warranty any more.  

One time poster
Message 23 of 54
Message 23 of 54

My phone exactly ...

Hi. I have just suffered through this "Sudden Death" issue with my Xperia Z.
The phone would not turn on, but when placed on a USB charge would show the RED LED. Would flash up the SONY logo then would show the battery indicator. Take it off the charger and nothing would happen no matter what buttons pressed. Tried to get it connected via Sony PC Companion and was not recognised.Spoke to a nice person on Sony Chat (AMY) who told me the best way forward was a Recovery option from PC Companion. Half an hour later and I finally have a working phone again (although it looks like the screen has water ingress from the speaker but the water damage indicators are all still bright white) will update if it plays up again.

So what I this recovery option please ??
One time poster
Message 24 of 54
Message 24 of 54

I have an Xperia Z1 C6903. It had around 80% battery when i put it in my pocket and carried on working. I pulled it out 90 minutes later to text my partner and was met with a blank screen, no LED and no response from any buttons. It did not suffer any shock or moisture whatsoever. Now it is completey unresponsive; using the power + volume button, red reset button next to the SIM tray and trying to repair using Sony PCC is completely fruitless due to the phone not being picked up by the PC at all. I am very disheartened by this because there is absolutely no explanation as to why I've suddenly lost all function from my very expensive device. i doubt there's any help available here but am clutching at straws...

Any ideas?

Thank's in advance

One time poster
Message 25 of 54
Message 25 of 54

My phone was downloading a new software, and it was restarting to start downloading, but i really needed to text someone so i took the battery out and now it wont turn on, its showing a dead android with a exclaimation mark... i connected it to my computer but it still wont help!! I need to text someone still, WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

One time poster
Message 26 of 54
Message 26 of 54

When I switch on my Sony e1 it shows the android ion than it switches off

One time poster
Message 27 of 54
Message 27 of 54

My phone was 70% when I go to sleep and in the morning I woke up to a phone that won't turn on. I thought it's probably out of power or something. So I put it to charge and after an hour or so I returned to my phone but it still won't turn on. I started reading up on how to power it back on and found this thread here. I tried the power and vol+ thing. But to no result. It still glows when I charge it. So I decide to use PC Companion but it doesn't even recognize the device. Can anyone help????

Learner
Message 28 of 54
Message 28 of 54

OK i have a Sony xperia z charged it using Samsung charger and it went blank and won't turn on, I took it to phone shop they can't fix either , way cud it be? Is it bcuz I charged it with Samsung charger and it burnt on the inside plz help me? I honestly do not have money for a new one so plz help me fix.
Highlighted
Genius
Message 29 of 54
Message 29 of 54

Hi @shubz786

I would consider visiting a sony service: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/ if the hardware device has burnt on. Also as a suggestion, do not charge a mobile device with other charger that is not provided by its manufacturer.

I hope can be useful.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
One time poster
Message 30 of 54
Message 30 of 54

Phone's been charging for over 6 hours.
Can't use the crappy software updater because my phone cannot be found.
And getting my 4 month old phone repaired.
IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND HAVEN'T BOUGHT A SONY PHONE.... DONT!!!!

I'm reading and editing your foul language