account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone not detecting micro SD card anymore...

One time poster
Message 51 of 64
Message 51 of 64

Re: Phone not detecting micro SD card anymore...

My wife had this problem today. The Vodafone shop guy said "Your sd card is too old! Use the cloud. Sony say not to use sd cards any more". It is the system upgrade which has caused this issue but the card itself is ok as I have copied the precious data from it to my pc.

One time poster
Message 52 of 64
Message 52 of 64

This happened to my phone a few hours ago, so pissed of now I have to download my music from my Google play and all my pictures and videos kaput. ~ Xperia Z
One time poster
Message 53 of 64
Message 53 of 64

If it's not detecting it, I put a small piece of a business card under it and re inserted.... Fixed.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 54 of 64
Message 54 of 64

Re: Xperia z not detecting sd card?

Hi @Brahd79,

Welcome to the community.

Thank you for this. I am glad it's working for you. I do recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team to arrange a proper repair. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 55 of 64
Message 55 of 64

Until people leave the phones in the shops they won't change. Voting with your feet is the only way. They also charge you for sending your phone into them for 'assessment' and won't quote parts prices over the phone. Quite funny really. Glad mine was at a knockdown price is all.

Visitor
Message 56 of 64
Message 56 of 64

Re: Xperia z not detecting sd card?

HA, is this seriously the only official response in this thread? Amazing work Sony. Just lol.

One time poster
Message 57 of 64
Message 57 of 64

Bro I Bought my Sony Xperia z2 on Marshmallow. It always says sd card is corrupt, format to fix it. when i clicked format after 20%, it says command failed. I have tried 6 other sd card, same issue happens, but all these sd card are working on other phones. 

I have also tried software repair via pc Companion, still not solved.

I just want to know is this issue happening after software update or its hardware issue but i think if it would be a hardware issue, then why the sd card be even recognized by my Phone.

Just let me know if its software issue or hardware, please.

Learner
Message 58 of 64
Message 58 of 64

Sony is gotta be kidding. This thread is 3 years old and there is no solution for all of these complaints????? My Xperia XA just fried two of my SD cards, one with 8 GB and a brand new one with 32 GB. 

Seriously, this is my worst experience with mobile phones ever, and I had iPhone, Samsung, Motorola, Nokia and Blackberry.

Learner
Message 59 of 64
Message 59 of 64

I am facing the similar issue as well right after the software upgrade. My brand new SanDisk Extreme Pro 128gb microsd got fried. Now my Z5 couldn't even detect my earphone jack which is the most basic of any smart phones 

Learner
Message 60 of 64
Message 60 of 64

I seriously give up too, my XA1 has eaten 2 64gb cards have no way of getting anything off them totally corrupted them. I don't no what to do.