account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone not detecting micro SD card anymore...

Message 31 of 64
Message 31 of 64

Re: Phone not detecting micro SD card anymore...

Try recuva.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 32 of 64
Message 32 of 64

This happened to me as well.

I think it occurs if you don't unmount the drive before removing it.

Data is on sd card, pc reads it but phone doesn't seem to recognise it.

Solution for me - sony xperia z ultra

Shutdown  the phone (not just turning off) , then restart it.

It recognises the drive on startup.

One time poster
Message 33 of 64
Message 33 of 64

I use xperia zr and suddently had error about mounting sd card but i did not do anything and my phone cannot detect sd card..i had the latest android jellybean 4.3
One time poster
Message 34 of 64
Message 34 of 64

How come Sony aren't realising that it is their product that is the common denominator with this problem?
One time poster
Message 35 of 64
Message 35 of 64

I have been having a similar issue...

My phone will not read my SD card and this card works in other phones and my tablet, but will not work in my Xperia Z1.... Any suggestions???

HELP!!

One time poster
Message 36 of 64
Message 36 of 64

Hi everyone. I have the same issue, but with Xperia M. I guess that all Xperia phones has this problem. My card works perfectly in other android phones but Xperia doesn't see it at all. I restarted the phone to defaults. Updated to 4.3 android and installed all updates. I can't unmount or mount the sd card. The phone doesn't recognize it at all.

Does anyone has any ideas? The card was working fine for around 2 weeks since I bought it. It is Toshiba SD 16gb card. From time to time I got errors saying that my card had been disconnected. When I turned off the phone and turned it back on everything was fine.

It is definitely Xperia issue. Crying Face

SRo
One time poster
Message 37 of 64
Message 37 of 64

Same problem here,...

Where and how can we expect a sollution before advising the whole world not to buy a sony smartphhone ?!

One time poster
Message 38 of 64
Message 38 of 64

i recently bought a Z3 and tried using my  KINGSTON 8GB memory card but didn't recognize

then i used a 2GB it read wat shud i do about the 8GB

Visitor
Message 39 of 64
Message 39 of 64

If your phone upgraded to a newer version of ANDROID after 4.2 - you will lose the SD Card viewability - This happened to my tablet which wasn't a SONY tablet but it upgraded to the latest ANDROID which doesn't allow you to install software on your SD CARD anymore - this is something to do with GOOGLE and ANDROID - Not SONY.

But check what version of ANDROID you have on your phone anyway.

Message 40 of 64
Message 40 of 64

I've done an update on Xperia M2 and now its wiped my memory card! I've tried putting card in to pc to read and it wont recognise it.  I had many things saved on the memory card and now its useless. Help!?

@coredumped wrote:

Hello,

I bought my Xperia Z a while ago, and with it, a micro SD card. I've been using the phone (with the sd card inserted) without any problems. I've stored my pictures, music, files, etc. in there and always worked fine.

Yesterday, I got a notification on my phone about a new software update. Once I got home, I had the phone updating only to discover that after it finished, my sd card is no longer detected...

Any help would be appreciated please.

Kind regards,

Fábio Constantino