account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Phone not detecting micro SD card anymore...

Visitor
Message 11 of 64
Message 11 of 64

Re: Phone not detecting micro SD card anymore...

Same problem for my gf and I.

She got a message about sdcard unmounting a few months ago, and didn't realise that the sdcard died and hasn't work until now. She only realised this when I told her about my own xperia z whose sdcard fried about 2 weeks ago.

This is a serious problem. Some sort of legal action should be undertaken I reckon, esp. if sony's not acknowledging this issue and people using various sdcard brands and capacities are getting this problem.

One time poster
Message 12 of 64
Message 12 of 64

I have the same problem. All my important data on SD card gone!!! 

Aimee said, "It may be worth contacting the SD card manufacturer." 

So where which department do I contact as my SD card is made by Sony.

My Xperia Z and the SD Card are 5 months old. Can I get a one-for-one exchange on the SD card? The warranty reads "If this product proves defective in workmanship or materials when used in accordance with the guidelines and conditions presented in the instruction manual, Sony will repair or replace this product with an equivalent product free of charge." When I purchased the phone, the SD card was inserted by one of the personnel at Sony Center. I have neither removed nor formatted the card since first day of purchase. Does that constitute "with the guidelines and conditions presented in the instruction manual?" 

Message 13 of 64
Message 13 of 64

I keep saying this.and I'll say it again, the issue is with faulty controllers on the sd cards. Galaxy s4.s3 etc have the same issue. It effects different brands because they all use the same controller. The problem was investigated. The update meant cards were read far more frequently causing them to fry.
the card companies have since updated firmware on effected cards and are replacing them. Go read dad forums for more info.

I love it how people throw around words like legal action, when they do not understand the full information and who is really at fault.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 64
Message 14 of 64

I had exactly the same issue.

This was quickly resolved by removing the SD card from another device (my Blackberry) and putting it into my Xperia Z. Unlike my new SD card, this one was recognised. After clicking "unmount" (Settings > Storage > Unmount) on the SD card from my Blackberry and removing it from the Xperia Z, I inserted the new one again and it worked fine.

ab1
One time poster
Message 15 of 64
Message 15 of 64

same thing happened to my xperia z........after i installed the album update my micro sd card stopped working

Message 16 of 64
Message 16 of 64

have you tried to connect SD card itself to pc and then re-formate it to NTFS? and then connect sd card back into your phone which it then shall popup saying you need to formate it before usage so then formate it through phone and hopefully the sd card will be working again Slightly smiling Face

also if your not able to read the data on sd card when it's connected to pc then use this program http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm that should be able to scan your sd card find files on it and then it will let you to recive copy of all data it finds on the sd card Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 17 of 64
Message 17 of 64

gosh,, I' suffering the same problem as you guys, I'm using Xperia Z and my phone is no longer detecting my sdcard, my sis and I are using the same brand sdcard but her's fine, everything on my sdcard has gone!!!
Message 18 of 64
Message 18 of 64

Have you removed the card without unmounting?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 19 of 64
Message 19 of 64

It just happen to me. (ZR, Android 4.3)
I got message "SD card unexpectedly removed" (sure i did not remove it!)
My 32 Gb card was only 6 month old.

I'll try to recover data later. That is so frustrating...

Visitor
Message 20 of 64
Message 20 of 64

I have a sd card that was working on my phone, suddenly sd card stopped working and my phone cant detect him. I tried to connect on my pc and my pc also dont detect it.

And i tried different sd card also dont detect it. 

Pls. help, thank you.