account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Now lets be clear about the Anti-Shatter film!

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 31 of 54
Message 31 of 54

Re: Now lets be clear about the Anti-Shatter film!

Sorry about my laugh, but when this Film is used in military Eqipment then we alway lost the Fight. Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

I have a Phone with Gorilla glass for nearly 3 Years and the Phone is going to the H E L L - my Xperia Z broke in my Pocket.

Believe me, the Toughness is far far away from Gorilla Glass!

Genius
Message 32 of 54
Message 32 of 54

a horse stood on my phone while drinking (private joke)

guys seriously if you damage your phone do you really expect Sony to cover it - I have phone insurance it costs 60euro a year and covers everything - theft - damage - horse damage - lost - burnt ear - go swimming - everything

with a device that costs more than a cheap laptop it might be worth a consideration

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 33 of 54
Message 33 of 54

But its not MY fault that Sony applies an ASF that gets scratched by anything! And if I buyed an expensive phone, I handle it with care, so it doens't get scratched. But because of the ASF it has alot of scratches!

I want to remove it because it looks ugly with those scratches! And then you are telling me that I lose my warranty if I take it off??

Ever seen a supermarket selling someone rotten fruit, and the costumer say he want's to return it, but he can't because the supermarket says he has to eat it because its still fruit, no matter if its rotten. NO!

Sony, you are really disappointing me on this one, never expected this from a company like this!

Commissioner
Message 34 of 54
Message 34 of 54

I attached here the official India Xperia Care Service Centre for you, which of these centres you approach?   http://sonymobile.servicetrack.in/  (Note: I do not know your nationality,  I am only guessing)  There is a huge difference between a real repair centre and a Sony retailer who like to be called Sony Centre. Sadly, from where I live, Sony outsourced the repair to a franchisee. That's where things got ugly.  Hope this help.

Visitor
Message 35 of 54
Message 35 of 54

Thanks for kind gesture. I did go to a Sony authorised service center.

It's same here in India where Sony has outsourced their support. Am sure if Sony does not outsource their Support, they won't loose as many customers just because of the pathetic after sales service offered by their partners.

Commissioner
Message 36 of 54
Message 36 of 54

Sadly, that's how support will be managed with most brands today. As far as I know, Apple and Motorola (now own by Google) also has very few actual store operated by themselves in the world.  At least there are 3 Xperia Care service centre in India that seems to be professionally operated by Sony's partners and I believe if you go to them, things might be different since they are directly named in Sony website.

As for authorised service centre? They are private operators out to make money and I believe they do not place Sony's customers best interest at heart. Suggest you try to contact Xperia Care India to see whether they can provide a better solution. Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 37 of 54
Message 37 of 54

@prietsh81 that behavior its not acceptable

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 38 of 54
Message 38 of 54

Bearings schrieb:

They are private operators out to make money and I believe they do not place Sony's customers best interest at heart.

You are so right!

Visitor
Message 39 of 54
Message 39 of 54

Wow, the Moderators are fast by deleting facts Winking Face

Visitor
Message 40 of 54
Message 40 of 54

This Reactions to Facts hardened my Decision to never buy a Product from Sony again and tell this Case on my Websites. Sorry Moderators, but a Forum lives from different Opinions regardless of whether they are perhaps uncomfortable for Sony.