account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

My Xperia ZR Over heating

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 6 of 38
Message 6 of 38

My Xperia ZR Over heating

Hello ,

When ever i use my ZR for downloading Apps or browse internet the phone over heats.

When it is over heated the Camera app doesn't open up shows Phone is on high temperature , try after some time

--- Is this a Phone hard ware issue , or something else

Suggestions welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 38
Message 7 of 38

Re: My Xperia ZR Over heating

The phone will heat up whilst in use, however it should not be getting hot enough for problems to occur. In this case I would advise returning the handset so that it may be assessed by an authorised agent.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
One time poster
Message 1 of 38
Message 1 of 38

Xperia ZR heating

I have bought a xperia ZR few days ago and it is heating a lot kindly suggest me

thanks

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 38
Message 2 of 38

Re: Xperia ZR heating

all android phones with hight spec heat up , it's normal and don't worry , and it has a built in heat controller to protect your phone from damage .

Adviser
Message 3 of 38
Message 3 of 38

Does it heat when you play games, or a lot of apps are running in background? If yes, a little warm up on the back side is acceptable.

But if it heats up in normal usage, you should probably get it checked at an authorised Sony service centre.

One time poster
Message 4 of 38
Message 4 of 38

Yeah i understand that all high end phones get warm but my phone gets heated while on charging and while i idle also and it becomes very hot, cant even keep it next to my ears

Genius
Message 5 of 38
Message 5 of 38

sounds to me like you have installed something that is keeping the phone active 100% of the time

remove all installed apps especially memory cpu battery managers and task killers (they cause problems) - turn off wifi and BT - turn off data - and turn sync off and see if you have the issue, also uninstall the antivrus that came with the phone - you don't need it

you can also look at the battery usage profile and see what is active

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 38
Message 7 of 38

Re: My Xperia ZR Over heating

The phone will heat up whilst in use, however it should not be getting hot enough for problems to occur. In this case I would advise returning the handset so that it may be assessed by an authorised agent.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Apprentice
Message 8 of 38
Message 8 of 38

Xperia Z Processor over heating and shuts down

Hi,

I have Xperia Z for few weeks. I installed newest Copilot (GPS naviation). Since uses GPS the battery goes faster so I must recharge the phone in the car while using the program. Happened that after some time the phone became very hot in the  upper midle area and even shut down by itself. 

Sometimes hapens this heating when I work normally without using GPS, but without shuting down.

Is this heating normal for this processor?

Is shuting down normal protection as I found some program running in apps that is for overheating protection?

I think that this problem might be due to interferance of the processor heating and charging heating as the charging input is close to the processor. Maybe this wont be a problem when the input would be on the bottom side of the phone???

Message 9 of 38
Message 9 of 38

Re: Xperia Z Processor over heating and shuts down

Yes, its a some kind of security to auto-shutdown when your Xperia is over heating .. so your phone will not get any damage , I recommend for you to try repairing your phone via PC Companion and if the problem is not solve then take it to Sony repair center

One time poster
Message 10 of 38
Message 10 of 38

Re: Xperia Z Processor over heating and shuts down

I'm having this issue these few days too.

I suspect it was the latest update responsible for this.

Sony never tests their updates for phone.

I uninstalled "Sony Privilege" but my phone, apparently, even in standby mode, overheats and keeps restarting.

This has been bugging me since 2 days ago.

I will be throwing away my Sony Xperia Z soon because there's just too many issues with it and this "auto-restart because I want to" feature adds on to my rage.

Also, don't bother contacting Sony support, their support is very slow and non-existent.

I sent my phone for repair the last time and it took them 2 months to repair it.

During the "reparing" period, I called up and asked for the status.

Some days they said their database was down and I remembered clearly there was a day where they said my phone is damaged because of corrosion when the reason for me sending it in was because it kept overheating and crashing.

I didn't even let it touch water.

Sony is just killing themselves, I hope this company die out faster (Sony, in-fact most Japanese companies, have been losing money like crazy and are desperate for money), even LG (which is also terrible) does better than Sony.