account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile switches off if data turned on

Ebm
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Mobile switches off if data turned on

My Xperia ZR shots down whenever I turn on mobile data even with battery well charged. When working without the data turned on, there's no problem.

It's been more than a year I got this mobile.

What could be the problem

3 REPLIES
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mobile switches off if data turned on

Hi @Ebm, that sounds very strange, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Do you remember if you started to experience this behaviour after updating your device or installing a new application? 

If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, can you then use the Internet without the device shutting down? If that is the case, do you have another SIM card that you can try in your device? You can also ask a family member, a friend, or a colleague if you can borrow theirs for a short while, just so we can see if this is caused by your SIM card or not.

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Ebm
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Jonas for your post.

I tried all those but wasn't successful.

I contacted a repairer and was told it's the battery. 

Got a new one and it's good now

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi again @Ebm and I'm glad to hear that it's working now again after replacing the battery!

Time to enjoy the Internet when you are not connected to a Wi-Fi again then! Slightly smiling Face

Have a great day and let me know if there is anything else.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.