account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Lost the device, anyway to locate it?

One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Lost the device, anyway to locate it?

I lost my Xperia Z phone in Shanghai, a place where mobile phones are stolen very often !  I wonder if I can remotely lock up the device ? Or is there a way to help me locate it? At least the police can find out the whereabout of the phone.

6 REPLIES 6
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lost the device, anyway to locate it?

I know there are several apps on the Play store that allow you to call the phone and enter a specific number to lock the phone remotely but if you haven't downloaded any apps such as these....I would say that it wouldn't be possible. You can call your carrier/provider and lock the sim easily though, but not the phone.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

If you enabled MyXperia in the menus or when the popup came up, you should be able to do this via the myxperia.sonymobile.com.

If you haven't enabled such a function before it got lost, I think you are out of luck.

Exchange sync can in some configurations remotely delete/copy data and lock donw the phone. Ask you administrator if that is the case.

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thats really sad mate

If you have the imei number of your phone with yoy (it is written on the box) you can give that to police and hopefully they can track it

I have lost many phones in the past and they were all tracked via the imei

And as Entelexia and asbjorneliassen have already pointed out these apps can help you track your phone

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I totally forgot about tracking the phone using the imei number, I've never lost a phone fortuantley but with the imei number they can track it down or atleast you'll know when they've come across it like arjun said. Smart thinking Slightly smiling Face

Still think that locking the sim would be the best option for you right now, They wouldn't be able to access any of your personal information and im not sure about where you live but in Australia when the sim gets locked, to re-access the phone you need a code which your service provider would have given you when you activated your service. This will block anyone from using the phone until 1. They work out the code. 2. put a new sim inside. It's mainly to protect your personal information stored on the sim

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

hi my phone is stolen 3days ago will you please track my xperia z2 it's 5months old from me its brand new will you please help me 

im from the philippines

here is the Imei no. of my xpera z2:  
and
here is my email: 
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I lost my xperia Z yesterday, Im here in Philippines... but i dont remember my IMEI no. can anyone will help me. Thank you