account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Is Xperia ZR a 4G LTE ?

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Is Xperia ZR a 4G LTE ?

Hi ! I'm planning to buy Xperia ZR with 4G LTE support. But i read online that C5503 is 4G and C5502 is 3G edition. But in an online store i saw C5502 with 4G LTE support. Is it true ? Can i buy that ? I even called them and confirmed that they are selling 4G edition. Can anyone please clarify me ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Is Xperia ZR a 4G LTE ?

The C5502 is not 4G/LTE compatible however the C5503 is - See here for more info if required

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

6 REPLIES 6
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

The C5502 is not 4G/LTE compatible however the C5503 is - See here for more info if required

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Dpends on your carrier too
Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your additional information. But still how come a non compatible mobile will support LTE ? Anyway, let me check with my service provider.
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

i think it is 4G LTE

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I called my service provider but they do not know about this. They advised me to check with product retailor. But earlier I called and confirmed with retailer who advertise Xperia ZR C5502 as 4G LTE (see below link for details).

http://www.extrastores.com/en-sa/Mobiles/Smartphones/Sony-Xperia-ZR-White-Color-3202261
Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

If my retailer sells C5503 definitely I will buy that. But now I'm confused. If they don't sell 4G LTE, I may plan to buy Xperia SP but I'm little worried about it's 1.7 dual core processor. I don't think will i get same experience like ZR's 1.5 quad core? Can anyone suggest a good 4G LTE phone under 300 dollars ?