account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 200
Message 11 of 200

Re: India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

Well, one more day, week, maybe a month of waiting. It's like beating around the bush with the Sony Technical Guys.. No point in waiting for solutions or updates from sony. 

The Best solution would be, your next smartphone will be a Non-Sony device and stay away from the much hyped brand - SONY-.

Simple solution to get away from such poor service.

Xperia Z
C6602
Message 12 of 200
Message 12 of 200

zr.PNGM&C Gets 4.4 Now... its Near hope By Midhnight we GetNauseated Face

dingdong bell... im sleeping in the well
Message 13 of 200
Message 13 of 200

Sony is Best Brand I From Iran And Really Happy server Speed But Main Problem is Poor Update System :|

Why ??

My Xperia Z is India Version

I wish But USA Region Slightly frowning Face

Adviser
Message 14 of 200
Message 14 of 200

As it seems to me that Sony new kitkat update has lot of bugs like heating issues, battery draining problem, hanging etc. Therefore I feel that sony has deliberately dalayed its UPDATE to other regions.

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 200
Message 15 of 200

@ techvivek, 

If this was the case, this is very much caring from sony, if they are delaying release due to a lot of know bugs in the KITKAT Version. There is no point in getting an upgrade which would have further broken the hearts of the users. 

The main concern is that, of their communication sent out to it's phone users via the website creating a false hope and anxiety among the users.

Why can't they keep the consumers updated with that at least. Why keep on being adamant by sticking to the same old obsolute date of release, and disappoint the phone owner's hopes.

They would be lauded and praised if they had communicated the same via their website updates. But, unfortunately, these are the very fine points, they should be taking care of, while they work up a strong version release without any bugs. But they are never bothered. This is a disappointment we are all facing........Broken Heart

Xperia Z
C6602
Adept
Message 16 of 200
Message 16 of 200

Don't think so that it's deliberately delayed. SONY is not so caring else they would have announced it.

The only problem for delay is seems to be series of updates for different Xperia devices (Z2, Z, ZL, ZR....) within a week.

Even previous update (4.3) was also buggy & arrived in India 15-20 days after its official announcement & then they released another update to fill that bug in March.

Hope will get the same firmware within a day or two as it has arrived in Thailand, Indonesia & Singapore.

Sony Update status.jpg

Talent
Message 17 of 200
Message 17 of 200

Is there a confirmation about bugs and update on holding and re-releasing 4.4.2 ??? 

Where it mentioned? 

Is there any official link?

This will be something extra and doing extras usually highlighted 

Apprentice
Message 18 of 200
Message 18 of 200

Guys pls stop this non-sense. Why the **bleep** you want 4.4.2 so bad. 1 there are not so much difference, second is full of bugs, lag and i wish i have enouf time to back-up my phone and factory reset it to the fist version or atleast 4.3 jely. If Sony anulate the rolling of kit kat in your countrys is for sure because of they bugs that they get so many complains about after they relese 4.4.2. So pls enjoy your phone, because after 4.4.2 is horrible !!! even live-themes have lag, not to talk about messaging or other aplication.

arp
Inhabitant
Message 19 of 200
Message 19 of 200

Xperia Z, Xperia ZL kitkat update in INDIA....

Worst Of Sony In Smartphone....... After 16 days of global release of Kitkat updates, Indian users can't get updates......I can understand that,launching any updates is not easy process for any conpany but other companies like Samsung, htc etc. successfully launch their updates in only 2-5 days worldwide......

Other companies are excited to launch 4.4.3 updates but sony still unsuccessful to provide 4.4.2 updates.....

Sony Only tries to get new customers but forgot old customers who are responsible for success of sony.....
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 200
Message 20 of 200

Re: when update kitkat for Sony Xperia z in india

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm specific date for any particular firmware release due to the nature of the approval process. For further information regarding the approval process please see here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/The-software-update-collection-topic/m-p/348066#U348066

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.