account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

SOLVED
Regular
Message 191 of 200
Message 191 of 200

Re: India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

@srids - I am very much concerned about the battery draining bug of play service (as per sony) and thats the only reason I am not upgrading to 4.4.2. So I asked here if anybody can confirm this issue in INDIA. So far as I can tell there is not a single user with this bug in INDIA. I am guessing that the bug doesnot affect C6602 (HSPA+ devices) or Play Services has removed that bug. My warrenty is up and I dont want to do something that ruins my phone. Please somebody reply.

Talent
Message 192 of 200
Message 192 of 200

Chill guys don't worry, as far as my experience there is no such battery draining issues. Google services uses only 3-4% of my battery, it gives a decent back up of 13hrs if you use it hard, i get a back up of more than 16hrs with average use. On top of it you always have the option to downgrade to stock official 4.3 without loosing the warranty via flashtool. So just chill and enjoy the taste of Kitkat. But remember you may face little lag in the UI.

Regular
Message 193 of 200
Message 193 of 200

Ok I have decided to update, but biswajit can you please give some turotial to do that, i have never flashed my device ?

Talent
Message 194 of 200
Message 194 of 200

Inhabitant
Message 195 of 200
Message 195 of 200

After few days of 4.4.2 upadte now my Xperia Z is become smoother again , is anyone still facing lagging UI??

Enthusiast
Message 196 of 200
Message 196 of 200

Good News is that the KitKat works flawlessly on the C6602. Users may face some slight **bleep** in UI..as reported by many other users. I was able to check the new upgrade until last saturday. Until.. this horrible thing happened..

IMG_20140713_192759.jpg

My Bad Luck.. My phone met with an accident, the screen and display was shattered after a fall from the staircase..the worst thing i always feared..happened that day. A very fragile device which could not withstand the fall even with Leather protection case (which came as part of the phone when purchased). 

I'm now waiting for a new set of LCD+Digitizer to be delivered to me. This time around i've also chosen to convert my phone from White Color to Black Color as i've ordered a Black Frame + Black back battery cover along with LCD+Digitizer. 

Also, for people who are unfortunate like me to break the screen, it's very important to buy a new set of adhesive tape (both for front and Back) designed for Xperia Z to seal back the phone after repair. A small thing which many people forget while ordering spare parts. 

I'll be back to this thread with my comments once my phone is back to life.. 

Xperia Z
C6602
Adviser
Message 197 of 200
Message 197 of 200

he anybody Indian xperia z user face lag or battery drain problem in kitkat ?

Adviser
Message 198 of 200
Message 198 of 200

Indian xperia z user face lag or battery drain problem in kitkat ?

Any indian xperia z user update their xperia z to kitkat 10.5.A.0.230 ,can you also face some problem in that ?

can i update my xperia z to kitkat or not ?

Inhabitant
Message 199 of 200
Message 199 of 200

I tried to update my Xperia ZR to kitkat 10.5.A.0.230 via OTA but it showed an error message "could not install"
I tried doing the same thing after doing factory reset but still it didn't work for me.
Please can someone tell me what is wrong with my phone and what should i do to fix it?
Highlighted
Talent
Message 200 of 200
Message 200 of 200

Kitkat does not bring any bug at in my device. Yes, it was bit laggy the first few days but after 2-3 days its the smooth xperia-z again. You guys can go for this update.