account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 131 of 200
Message 131 of 200

Re: KIT KAT Update for Xperia

it has been relesed from sony end 2 month before, still were not able to make avaialble for users, es[ecially in indiaright.

The worst service i have ever seen is SOny India.

Folks please hereafter dont buy sony anymore.

Rookie
Message 132 of 200
Message 132 of 200

I think zr and zl are having kitkat update in India and not for z until now? i updated my zr yesterday [ .230] with a **bleep** lot of issues, i then tried factory reset on my zr and now i think my kitkat is performing way better. So i suggest all friends to do an update only after backing up everything and doing a factory reset. Slightly smiling Face

Talent
Message 133 of 200
Message 133 of 200

@AnoopPV

what about batter drain issue that introduced by .230? does your google play service shows less better consumption?

And what about all other functionality ?

do you think your ZR is perfect after .230 and suggesting for an update?

because my friends also here got 4.4.2 update but nobody is interested in updating from 4.3.

They are scared and frustrated with sony updates (due to bugs and time taken).

4.3 is kind of stable for them. 

By looking at them i am scared to update my ZL.

And not finding any right answers for my previous posts regarding 230 , 233 and battery drain issues.

you can help us what is your experience so far and what you have done if you happy with the update.

probably we try the same or keep 4.3

Inhabitant
Message 134 of 200
Message 134 of 200

"Z" is costly than "ZR" and "ZL" no Kitkat yet, but I am even cursing myself first to buy again Xperia Z in May-2014 after listning the news that Kitkat released  in the same price range "Samsung S4" was already having 4.4 on that time. Now I hate myself to buying that cheap useless devicce.

Talent
Message 135 of 200
Message 135 of 200

Re: India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

Waiting waiting still waiting. Will we ever get that **bleep** kitkat update?
Talent
Message 136 of 200
Message 136 of 200

I wanna ask my friends who've already updated their zl/zr, does the kitkat update brings new features? If yes what kind features? Did you got the double tap to wake feature?
CS7
Apprentice
Message 137 of 200
Message 137 of 200

I have updated my ZR to kitkat yesterday and there's no severe battery drain! I have kept the location and gps services off. A good update, though 4.3 was more stable, this update has good features like the improved status bar, immersive mode, etc.
I'm from Mumbai, India.
I have one issue though, i can't see the download progress of apps being downloaded from play store in the status bar. I don't know if it's related with the kitkat update. Please help if anyone knows the solution.
Enthusiast
Message 138 of 200
Message 138 of 200

Wow.. It looks like sony has released a full bag of worms and bugs in the 4.4 Kitkat release.. 

Looking at the way the users are coming out with their concerns and issues after the 4.4 upgrade, i fear that, i may no longer be a Sony Phone user in the near future. 

It looks like a person buying a Sony phone, is landing in more worries than enjoying the device. What is the fun in buying a bag of worries by paying thousands of rupees, when, all your happiness is lost due to the free bugs and worms released by sony in the name of upgrades. 

The costliest box of water worms and bugs comes in a neatly packed beatiful looking device called Sony Xperia Z / ZL, Z1 ...etc....... An Evil in the guise of a Beautiful Girl.

Xperia Z
C6602
Talent
Message 139 of 200
Message 139 of 200

even worse is,  release of .230 knowing it has issues.

Does this mean sony doesn't care and doesn't look into forums or listen customer complients !!!!!!!!!????????

otherwise it would have released a updated version of 4.4.2

That too it released after 2 to 3 months, in the season where even low cost mobiles makers are thinking of 4.5 android in their products which costs nearly morethan half lesss of a xperia  flagship phones.

Even a car maker are listening their customers and updating the features in the upgraded version of models in very next year.

I wanted to buy z2 tablet and a LED of sony. Not sure If I can give a second thought.

I never thought of a electronic product related to vidoe/audio other than sony. But its time now to look forward for a better ones.

Highlighted
Message 140 of 200
Message 140 of 200

Dear srids please do not buy any sony products...IF U BUY U'LL REGRET FOR THE REST OF UR LIFE..I u want to buy tablet then go for DEll, HP or apple.. Sony products are made up of chip material and are really crap..You won't get proper service from them.For LED i'll say SAMSUNG is the best at this moment. I, myself bought Samsung 40f7500 and I am glad I chose Samsung over Sony. Sony TVs are no match for SAMSUNG any time