account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

SOLVED
Message 111 of 200
Message 111 of 200

Re: India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

I didnt receive any updates for my xperia Z yet.Any one received and i am from chennai.

Talent
Message 112 of 200
Message 112 of 200

what is use of releasing buggy 230 that too after 3 months.

There is no point in waiting for update for older xperia mobiles. Support + and so called warrany is ZERO as soon as your mobile is out of showroom and in your hand.

It will be better to buy a reasonable priced mobiles and use it without any issue.

with xperia mobile you have option of making wet but not sure if it works after that.

you will get brilliant screen but don't know when the touch goes off or dead pixels appear

good hardware but its software makes mobile horrible

can buy without carier but wait for update releases by cariers.

spending more money and get ZERO support from sony support

DO A CUSTOMER IS REALLY BRAINLESS ??. I think it is wake up time its 21st century there is no "brand name". 

I have seen and purchased costliest branded clothes/shoes/accessries for 90% less price because they were not getting sold and showrooms are closed .. 

also non branded or some upcoming brands are really working hard to keep their foot print in the market.

Lets encorage them and support their technology instead of running back and begging to support our devices even after paying high price.

I give my live experience. I had xperia neo which I purchased for 18000/- INR and was travelling in a train. my co traveller had one mobile with no name on it. Is really surpriced by the specifications of the mobile which he purchased it for 3500/- at that time. the sound and speakers are so clear and loud and big screen and 8 mp camera etc..

quality of videos he showed are very good and sound is very loud and good. 

see the difference in price. what I get with 18000/- is with in a month I had to replace the screen with extra 6000/- since it was purchased in UK and no international warranty.

I could have got a new mobile for that price though. 

And some blogs are writing crap about android L will be given to some Z series phones which is actually miss guiding customers and attracting towards buying xperia phones.

current customers are struggling with buggy 230 and those idiot$ writing junk. 

basic functionality like sound that comes out from a mobile when you get a call it self is lacking in so called flag ship xperia mobiles. shame on you sony. and when contacted support they say this the highest sound we can get from costliest phone. 

I have been writing post in this fourm but I don't think any actual sony person reads and reacts but I hope other customers should wake up and start looking for other options. 

Talent
Message 113 of 200
Message 113 of 200

Ya this really crap, we should have been shipped to .233. Because 230 is itself a bug. I think we've to wait for another one-two months. This is really **bleep**
Adviser
Message 114 of 200
Message 114 of 200

the waits over zr has 4.4 in india now works fine after disabling the location service

Enthusiast
Message 115 of 200
Message 115 of 200

For Xperia Z (C6602).. No Update so far.. 

For all other Xperia series owners, congratulations on your new Kitkat 4.4 upgrade, enjoy your new software, and please keep us updated on the performance and bugs if found. Not sure why, only the .230 version is released as the newer one   version.233 post all the bugs resolution as claimed is due for release shortly. Maybe, sony wants users to download another 300-400 MB data from their data plans. But still worth the wait.

But for my C6602, the wait continues..... Hope is the word as of now.

Xperia Z
C6602
Talent
Message 116 of 200
Message 116 of 200

I just connected my xperia zl 6502 to wifi and saw update for .230 which I don't want now. 

why sony released in india after 3 months even if is buggy ?

Rookie
Message 117 of 200
Message 117 of 200

I got the kit kat update .230 for my ZR yesterday. But it was a disaster for me Slightly frowning Face . 1 popup "Unfortunately, the preocess andriod.process.media has stopped" is always there, i press ok and it pop up again. Any idea how to fix this ? My friend suggested to reset the phone to fix this ?anyone else has this error ? also my album and movies app is not detecting my memory card also. I can view files of SD card though ES file manager with out any issues.. Please help Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 118 of 200
Message 118 of 200

And my charge went down from 100% to 20% in 3 hours Slightly frowning Face 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 119 of 200
Message 119 of 200

I have "Xperia Z" and i didn't received any update nor through OTA or Pc Companion.
Rookie
Message 120 of 200
Message 120 of 200

I recived trough PC Companion , was not available in ota . Iam located at Kerala, India.