account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 101 of 200
Message 101 of 200

KitKat update for Xperia Z in India

Hi, 

Its been over 2 months and there is no news about the KitKat update for the Sony Xperia Z phones in India. Everytime, I try to connect at the Sony customer care am told, this is related to the carrier and they have to give the updates. What I dont understand is why will the carriers give the OS update? that too in India, where the phones are not bought under any contract with the carriers.

The Sony website shows that the KitKat update is already rolled out and yet, none of the customers have got it. Is it not pure cheating ??

I expect someone to give a positive reply about when the KitKat update will be rolled out, now that Android L is also about to come by year end.

Regards,

YPG

Regular
Message 102 of 200
Message 102 of 200

Re: India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

Atlast received the message for update to 10.5.A.230 in my mobile. However PC Companian is still not showing available update. I am therefore updating over the air.

Screenshots.png

One time poster
Message 103 of 200
Message 103 of 200

Xperia ZR (C5502) upgrade 4.3 to 4.4

I am not getting any notificaction related to upgrade from V4.3 to V4.4. Can you pls let me know how it can be done?

Phone Model: Xperia ZR (C5502) 

Regular
Message 104 of 200
Message 104 of 200

Re: KitKat update for Xperia Z in India

I got the OTA update notification for my ZL today.may b it has started rolling..
Apprentice
Message 105 of 200
Message 105 of 200

Nothing for the xperia Z yet
One time poster
Message 106 of 200
Message 106 of 200

I can confirm that I have received Android version v4.4.2 (Kitkat) build number 10.5.A.0.230 over the air.  I updated to this version using Airtel 3G.  The total download was around 300 MB and it took around 20 minutes to update to latest version.  My mobile is Xperia ZL  (C6502) and I live in Mumbai.

Talent
Message 107 of 200
Message 107 of 200

Re: KitKat update for Xperia Z in India

@sunit1990 

could you please let me know the model number of your zl? (is it c65502 or what ..)

udpate for 230 or 233??

are you in india?

Talent
Message 108 of 200
Message 108 of 200

@holy_man 

but 230 is buggy...

can you post the battery and lagging issues and "Kick or Pick" of this.

Enthusiast
Message 109 of 200
Message 109 of 200

updated my xperia zl to kitkat through ota the only problem till now i face is lag in settings other wise update is good

Talent
Message 110 of 200
Message 110 of 200

Lol... Nothing for Z. But where is .233