account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 200
Message 21 of 200

not yet got kitkat on my xperia z.

i m living in gujarat,india.
i haven't get kitkat update on my xperia z..

Adept
Message 22 of 200
Message 22 of 200

Re: when update kitkat for Sony Xperia z in india

@ SAM

You guys are very good in tracking people, who is new or who joined recently, who is posting first time......

And please don't give same excuse of approval process, if the approval is required that has to be pre-release or you can not claim the same has been released.

Message 23 of 200
Message 23 of 200

Re: when update kitkat for Sony Xperia z in india

Sony is Disappointed us i believe sony but why the android kitkat is not pop up to xperia z india region ??!!!! 

and no one here at xperia india team or some one know something about xperia z india version update system to give us answer ??!!!!! Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 24 of 200
Message 24 of 200

Re: India - Xperia Z Kitkat Upgrade Roll Over Status

Havent receieved Kitkat update for my Sony Xperia ZR (C5502) in India

Really fed with Sony service...what sort of third class treatment to Indian Customers is this?! You cant expect customes to buy new smartphones every new month!! Software updates are essential and show how good a company and their poduct and support is...Sony i getting from worse to worst in terms of customer support... pissed off and moving away from Sony soon if the update doesnt come soon...

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 200
Message 25 of 200

Indian sony service support very worst and no warranty for international sony mobiles so we have to pay more than 5000/-  for indian brand in every mobiles? and the service center is just useless.

Adept
Message 26 of 200
Message 26 of 200

Guys great news SONY has acknowledged the bugs reported in (yet to arrive in India 10.5.A.0.230) update & they have come out with new firmware to rectify the bug.

Though the battery drain issue is caused by Google Play service (it's not SONY problem) & for that Google have to work out but they still have rectified this & other issues in their new update.

Read further below:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/06/05/sony-acknowledges-xperia-z-kitkat-battery-woes-provides-workaro...

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/06/05/new-firmware-10-5-a-0-233-certified-for-xperia-z-zl-zr-and-tabl...

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 200
Message 27 of 200

@pjtsmart.. Thanks for the great news. 

"Guys great news SONY has acknowledged the bugs reported in (yet to arrive in India 10.5.A.0.230) update & they have come out with new firmware to rectify the bug"

Atleast now, the Xperia Z owner have a clue that, the KitKat is not available in the near future, at least till the bugs are fixed. 

We expect Sony to take their time to fix those bugs and RELEASE a much better user friendly Upgrade. Wish them all the good luck. 

@ Sony

But for HEAVEN's Sake Alteast now take out the **bleep** RELEASE "21-05-2014" from the WEBSITE and provide a reasonable "EXPECTED TIME"

Too much of displeasure and personal views were exchanged and valuable time wasted on this topic for now, Let only hope and wait for a Better Version of KITKAT from Sony for our Xperia Z.  Time to look into the other important tasks.. Bye for now.

Xperia Z
C6602
Talent
Message 28 of 200
Message 28 of 200

I think being a customer we should know the limitations first while buying a phone. No phone gives international warranty 

atleast sony and samsung. 

I had the same issue with xperia neo and had to pay from my pocket for screen replacement.

Inhabitant
Message 29 of 200
Message 29 of 200

Smiling Face with Horns Really disappointing"Sony India" now 6.6.2014 10:10AM no updates for Xperia Z C6602 of Kitkat 4.4.2, and now they confirmed another firmware(

New firmware (10.5.A.0.233) certified for Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z)

I think they will take another 3-4 Months, worst company ever.!!!!!!!!!   

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 30 of 200
Message 30 of 200

Untitled.jpg