account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to recover my deleted pictures?

One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

How to recover my deleted pictures?

I downloaded my pictures from my Xperia Z and my laptop.

I tought I dowloaded all my pictures, so I deleted them in my smartphone from my laptop.

Unfortunetaly, pictures are missing.

Is it possible to recover them?

Thank you very much form your help.

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to recover my deleted pictures?

if your phone isn't rooted there isn't a way to recover them if they were on the internal memory, if they were on the SD card there might be a chance that you can restore them.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

if you saved pictures taken in internal memory then you have to say goodbye...if you saved the pictures taken in sd card, you may retrieve it back by using laptop..all you do is to download a software in the web such as Recover My Files...install it to your computer and retrieve it back...

One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

yes,but first of all, you need to stop using the phone immediately to prevent file overwritten. You can then follow this Sony xperia photo recovery tutorial that helped me restore deleted photos from my Sony xperia phone last time

how to recover deleted photos from Sony Xperia phone

hope this helps you get back your files.

One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I accidentally deleted picture messages by accidentally deleting a conversation. It had many pucs I needed in it. I turned my phone off before the process finished and all that remains is the conversation and broken picture files. What now ? Can I recover !!!
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Yes,try recuva(it works better for files on SD).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I inserted my SD card into my Sony Xperia Z as my phone continuously said my internal space was 75% full.
When I copied pictures from my phones internal memory to the SD card the pictures I took using my phones camera (not screenshot, bluebook or snapcha camera)All the pictures had been deleted and only blank pictures were on my SD card. Is there any way I can get all my pictures back??!
NNS
One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi 

Yesterday I have taken some pics but by mistake it's deleted please let me know how to recover that I did not save that any where 

JW6
One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hello NNS,
If pictures were deleted by mistake it happens sometimes, but it's not true the picture data were lost properly because when we capture photos or picture its save somewhere in a digital device like phone SD card, digital camera SD card. if you are not formatted your device or not after overwriting data from your device It's possible to recover using any photo data recovery tool such as Recuva, stellar phoenix photo recovery or many others software have the capability to recover your data.

Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@NNS wrote:

Hi 

Yesterday I have taken some pics but by mistake it's deleted please let me know how to recover that I did not save that any where 

Please help to me