account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to fix sony xperia z: Won't turn on but led light glows blue when plugged to pc

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

How to fix sony xperia z: Won't turn on but led light glows blue when plugged to pc

Also, when I plug it to the charger, the screen repeatedly vibrates then starts to turn on but shuts down again (with red led light). How do I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to fix sony xperia z: Won't turn on but led light glows blue when plugged to pc

That seems more if a hardware issue, but try this

Connect your phone to a wall charger, press and hold power and volume up for 10 seconds, let it charge for 2-3 hours

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Re: How to fix sony xperia z: Won't turn on but led light glows blue when plugged to pc

Hi @Finnick

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried the options on this page? 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz/faq/I-cannot-power-on-my-device/

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

dude thanks it happened to me just now and it worked! thanks!!!

One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I kept doing the press volume up and power on , it took about 5 mins but it went back on