account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen

SOLVED
Message 11 of 125
Message 11 of 125

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen

Are you using a PIN?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 12 of 125
Message 12 of 125

hello .. plzzzz help !

i have xperia z cracked screen and the touch screen doesnt work , i want to get some photos i took it last day >>

how can get i them ? i read a tip : to press on and off button with the upper volume key ... but i didnt undersant it much , p,zz someone xplain it to me or give me another solution ..

Message 13 of 125
Message 13 of 125

You cannot get them if you have a password...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 14 of 125
Message 14 of 125

oh theres a pattern Slightly frowning Face 

Message 15 of 125
Message 15 of 125

If the touchscreen is broken,there is no way you could even recover.I am sorry.

One time poster
Message 16 of 125
Message 16 of 125

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen SOLVED

usb-2.0-a-naar-micro-usb-b-usb-otg-adapter-0.11-meter-inclusief-connectors.jpg

if you use a cable like this you can connect a mouse and then unlock your screen. Thats how i did it.

Visitor
Message 17 of 125
Message 17 of 125

Hi, exact same problem as jelmer my screen is completly finished i can't see or use it but I desperatly need the pictures off the phone tried the resetting way stated in this thread but no luck got a feeling I'm missing something in the process everytime I do it it still says i need to insert drive has any else found another way? Like I said i really want these photos off the phone of my daughters first few months. I have dropbox and memory card to recover some but there still some on the internal memory of the phone I need to recover
One time poster
Message 18 of 125
Message 18 of 125

OMG .. The USB to go saved me .. I bought one and connected my phone to a mouse and used the mouse to unlock my phone .. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

One time poster
Message 19 of 125
Message 19 of 125

How did you turn it off and on when you can't use the touch screen to confirm switch off! I have the same problem - O2 will repair my phone if I send it off but it will be wiped and I have lots of stuff that I want from it :-(

One time poster
Message 20 of 125
Message 20 of 125

if its the same as the Z1 there's a tiny red reset button next to the Sim card holder, press it in it turns the phone off but doesn't restart it