account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 121 of 125
Message 121 of 125

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ,Z1 And all Other Xperia's with broken screen

i have broken display phone how can i save my data to my pc

Visitor
Message 122 of 125
Message 122 of 125

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen

I have tried the OTG cable and a mouse.  It does not work. Even my other working Sony Xperia do not pick up the OTG cable.

I have tried is on a SAMSUNG and it is working so it is not the cable or mouse that is the problem

Visitor
Message 123 of 125
Message 123 of 125

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ,Z1 And all Other Xperia's with broken screen

I have a Sony ZX1.  It does not pick up the OTG able and mouse.  I have tried it on a SAMSUNG phone and it is working fine.

Visitor
Message 124 of 125
Message 124 of 125

When restarting the phone with OTG cable plugged in it works..

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 125 of 125
Message 125 of 125

I tried this and it was successful on first attempt. When I disconnected the mouse from OTG and again connected back in, the cursor didn't show up. I've tried force shutdown leaving the mouse plugged into my phone through OTG, when I did this, mouse cursor showed when the device started and when i tried to navigate, cursor didn't move and the cursor faded and disappeared.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I desparately need the files I have in my phone.