account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 81 of 127
Message 81 of 127

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ,Z1 And all Other Xperia's with broken screen

OMG i LOVE you right now

Thank you soooo much

One time poster
Message 82 of 127
Message 82 of 127

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ,Z1 And all Other Xperia's with broken screen

its not working. i had connected mouse but it didn't respond

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 83 of 127
Message 83 of 127

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen

Hi all
Before I try all the tips I need to check one thing first, must the sim card and sd card be in the device before I try getting photo's etc off?
Visitor
Message 84 of 127
Message 84 of 127

And please tell me what a "usb on the go" is?
Visitor
Message 85 of 127
Message 85 of 127

Connecting a mouse with OTG cable can work if you have a broken or unresponssive screen, but how about if you have a dead screen, where you can't see, and connecting via USB to computer goes directly to Charging mode and you can't change to MTP mode siince you can't see the screen?

Visitor
Message 86 of 127
Message 86 of 127

I have the same problem, but my screen went totally black, how can i mirror the screen to the PC to unlock my phone???

Learner
Message 87 of 127
Message 87 of 127

Same here but i have xperia m4 and its screen is totally  cant see nothing from it!What can i do? Help

One time poster
Message 88 of 127
Message 88 of 127

Brilliant mouse + cable 

Thanks

One time poster
Message 89 of 127
Message 89 of 127

You defintely saved me.

Thank you so much! The Camera button worked great.

One time poster
Message 90 of 127
Message 90 of 127

when i tried to connect a mouse using an OTG connector. the mouse wasn't powered. the phone with the broken screen was an xperia z5 compact. is there something that i'm doing wrong? or..