account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen

SOLVED
Sony Xperia Support
Message 31 of 125
Message 31 of 125

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen

@marj

You can enter your PIN and unlock the phone by connecting a computer mouse to the phone using an USB OTG adapter. When it's unlocked, remove the mouse and connect the phone to your computer.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 32 of 125
Message 32 of 125

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ with broken screen SOLVED

thank you!!!!!!

One time poster
Message 33 of 125
Message 33 of 125

Rickard

Will connecting a mouse work to unlock the phone if it is a pattern/swipe lock? 

If not, do you have any other suggestions please?

Thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 34 of 125
Message 34 of 125

Yes, it works for pattern and swipe.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 35 of 125
Message 35 of 125

Amongst the 1000's of cords and connectors I have I found 1 of these bad boys and BOOM - tiny little mouse arrow appeared on the screen and then BAM, problem solved. Now I'm off to replace my phone... again. KABLAMMO!

Cheers!

original.jpg

One time poster
Message 36 of 125
Message 36 of 125

Where did you get that!!!

One time poster
Message 37 of 125
Message 37 of 125

I have the same issue but the phone is not recognized after swiping with mouse.  My replacement phone from insurance has arrived, so I have tested my OTG cable and mouse swipe on the new phone to make sure it worked.  Recently, I selected "charge only" when prompted the last time I had plugged into my computer.  Would this be causing my PC not recognize the Z3?  and is there a work around?  My screen on old phone is black with a few color lines on it.  My last attempts have been without a SIM card in the phone, would that make a difference?

Thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Message 38 of 125
Message 38 of 125

You don't need any SIM card in the phone to connect it to a PC and it should not be releated to charge only.

Did you have a PIN, pattern or password set on the phone and are you sure it's just the display that's broken? To test this you could insert an active SIM card (without PIN code on it) and try calling the phone or if you have an MHL-adapter you could try connecting it to a TV to see if it's on and working.

One time poster
Message 39 of 125
Message 39 of 125

Re: How to copy files from a locked XperiaZ1 with broken screen

HI i have xperia z1 and my screen got cracked and touch is not working.Can anyone please let me know how to take backup without unlocking

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 40 of 125
Message 40 of 125

Where the SIM card goes there is a yellow rest button. That turns the phone off