account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to change usb mode with a broken screen?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

How to change usb mode with a broken screen?

My Z5 has a busted non responsive screen, I have an otg cable and am able to unlock the phone using a mouse. However, once unlocked and I remove the otg cable and plug it in to the computer it asks to be switched to MTP mode, which I cannot do as the screen is unresponsive and I have to unplug the mouse to be able to plug the phone in to the computer... I have a usb hub, but it does not acknowledge the phone being plugged in to the computer and have not been able to make any combination of mouse/computer/phone/hub to make these units play nicely together. And apparently there is no way to set MTP as the default anymore.. Help? 

1 REPLY 1
Adviser
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to change usb mode with a broken screen?

There is an option called "Select USB Configuration" under Developer Options. I don't know if it works but worth a try.