account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to backup notes

SOLVED
Veteran
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

How to backup notes

Hello, I'd like to ask how can I backup all my notes from stock notepad in my Xperia S and then move it to Xperia Z? I tried with PC Companion (backup option) but didn't see option for Notepad backup Slightly frowning Face

Pease help if possible.

Thank you!

Topic was edited by: Rickard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

Re: Notepad

The default app for notes can synchronize with Evernote so you could create an account on www.evernote.com and then go to Notes -> [menu] -> Settings -> Evernote account settings to synchronize your notes there.

If you have a USB-drive and USB-adapter you could also make a backup to the USB-drive using Backup&restore and then restore that backup in your Z.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

20 REPLIES 20
Veteran
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

I like the stock notepad, but before it was possible to add title to each note, now it is gone Slightly frowning Face  Can sony bring it back?

Veteran
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Seems noone can help, I assume it is impossible to move it from one phone to another.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

The default app for notes can synchronize with Evernote so you could create an account on www.evernote.com and then go to Notes -> [menu] -> Settings -> Evernote account settings to synchronize your notes there.

If you have a USB-drive and USB-adapter you could also make a backup to the USB-drive using Backup&restore and then restore that backup in your Z.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Veteran
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

Thank you, which files / folder should I copy from SD ard and then move it From Xperia S to Z?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

You mean if you make a backup to the internal memory instead of a USB-drive using Backup&restore? In that case you need to copy the folder ".semc-fullbackup" to a computer and then move it to the root of the Z. If you're just going to transfer notes i think Evernote would be easier though.

Veteran
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

I will give a try.

Learner
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Hi, I'm looking for help with similar problem. I wrote to Sony Mobile Service in Poland but they did not answer. I have copy made on My Xperia P wit Backup and Restore app. Now  Xperia P is broken, but I have .semc fullbackup folder on my PC. I use now Xperia L. Is it really possible to transfer this data? It is very important for me to have all my contacts and sms back. If yes, how to do that? I would appreciate any help

Paulina

Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

To extract your contacts,follow this:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-S-SL-acro-S/How-can-I-extract-contacts-from-dbk-file-on-my-comp...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

ok, thanks, and sms? any ideas?