account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Emoticons in SMS

SOLVED
Adept
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Emoticons in SMS

Is emoticons feature not available in messages ?

How can i use emoticons/smilies in messages ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Emoticons in SMS

You can add a smiley button on the keyboard if you go to settings > language and input > settings icon to the right of the Xperia keyboard > keyboard appearance > additional keys > smiley key.

Then you can easily adding smiles to your messages.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

4 REPLIES 4
Master
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

You can add a smiley button on the keyboard if you go to settings > language and input > settings icon to the right of the Xperia keyboard > keyboard appearance > additional keys > smiley key.

Then you can easily adding smiles to your messages.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I hope graphic of emoticons will be changed soon as well as there will be added some new ones.
The current ones seems quite old now, reminds me X10 times.

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@azzido this is an android phone, unlike apple who according to them users pay them to make decisions for them, and are stuck with one keyboard, you can change the emoticons anytime you want with other keyboard and/or messaging app

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Alexander

It worked perfectly.  Slightly smiling Face