account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cant hard reset my xperia zr

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Cant hard reset my xperia zr

hi,

i gave my xperia to my daughter and she forgot her pin and then i just found out that she change my google account in it and she forgot it too. So i try hard reset but its not working. i have downloaded xperia companion but its not working too since the phone is lock up and i dont have google account. is there another way to fix this? pls help thanks

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cant hard reset my xperia zr

Hi @changkie, welcome to our forum!

If you start the repair when the device is powered off it should not ask you to unlock the device and you can continue with the repair. Do note that the Xperia ZR has reached it's end of support so you may not be able to repair it using Xperia Companion as we do no longer provide software for this specific device.

As for the question regarding the Google account you should be fine as the Xperia ZR does not have any anti theft protection (MXTP/GDP) only newer device are equipped with these features.

Let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.