account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't turn on WiFi after update to Lollipop

SOLVED
Learner
Message 61 of 148
Message 61 of 148

Re: Can't turn on WiFi after update to Lollipop

I have 2 Xperia Z (C 6603)

In one the OTA update went smooth in the other WiFi stopped

I had a discussion with Rickard 

One time poster
Message 62 of 148
Message 62 of 148

Wi-Fi won't turn on

After lollipop upgrade Wi-Fi not working. Any remedy to this problem other than a factory reset
Learner
Message 63 of 148
Message 63 of 148

Re: WiFi no longer works after Lollipop update on Xperia Z

Hi SophiaW,

Genius
Message 64 of 148
Message 64 of 148

Hi athquad, welcome to the community!

Re-installing Lollipop can only be done on either PC Companion or Bridge for Mac. 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Genius
Message 65 of 148
Message 65 of 148

Re: Wi-Fi won't turn on

Hi Mike4, welcome to the community!

I advise re-installing Lollipop with PC Companion like has been suggested. This is different to a factory reset, as it actually removes & re-installs the operating system of your device. 

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 66 of 148
Message 66 of 148

This works fine for me. Thank you Sony

Genius
Message 67 of 148
Message 67 of 148

Glad to hear that, DineshNS. Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Regular
Message 68 of 148
Message 68 of 148

Reinstalling with PCC does not solve the issue. The wifi still turn off when the phone overheats. All I can do is to turn it off and let it cool off, then turn it back on again.... until it overheats again.

Tried reinstalling with PCC and even flashtool/xperifirm. The result is the same.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 69 of 148
Message 69 of 148

@ChrisMCP

Sorry to hear that the repair didn't help.

The issue you're seeing doesn't sound like a WiFi issue but more something causing the phone to get too warm and it will then turn off features or itself to prevent overheating.

To make sure it's not caused by a downloaded app i recommend that you also try the phone in safe mode. Hold the on/off button and then tap and hold the shutdown option to reboot to safe mode.

If the issue remains in safe mode i recommend that you contact a service location for further investigation of why your phone gets so warm. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

Regular
Message 70 of 148
Message 70 of 148

I doubt it's the phone, it was working just fine with 4.4.4. The problem is in 5.0 that sony has released.